Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
mando245
My Device: Z10, 9900, 9000 and PB
My Carrier: T-mobile

Z10 BB Bridge killed my enjoyment of my Playbook

[ Edited ]

When Blackberry updated Blackberry Bridge on Z10 they must have forgotten WHAT the BB Bridge to Playbook was used for.

On OS7 phones and before there was conductivity FROM > the phones TO > PB for email calendar bbm.

NOW on the Z10 all you can do from phone > PB is remote control. DUD! Who uses that function? 

HAY Blackberry devs, for Z10 (OS10 phones) give us back the funtionality that we had previously with OS7.

LOOK at the reviews for Blackberry Bridge on YOUR OWN BB AppWorld and look at the comments:

EVERYONE gives the Bridge ZERO STARS (actually there is no option less than 1 star).

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ts42
My Device: z10
My Carrier: MTS

Re: Z10 BB Bridge killed my enjoyment of my Playbook

Just a suggestion,

If you are running your Z10 with a BES 10 server, then have your administration add your playbook to it.  If you are running email through the BES then your playbook might be able to sync in to that calender.

Since we started running BES 10, I havent honestly used B-Bridge as I usually have a wifi signal and that auto syncs with my exhange calender.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
mando245

[ Edited ]

IMO, Most folk don't have BES

There is NO other solution but to have Blackberry (the Company) give back what they took away

Bridge USED to work on OS7 and before .. NOW it is broke for OS10

This is BLACKBERRYS FAULT NOT THE Z10 (and other OS10) phone users.

This just shows:

BLACKBERRY (THE COMPANY) has abandoned the Playbook.

There has not been a Playbook upgrade of any kind in a LONG TIME.

Nobody is listening.

There are MILLIONS of folk who purchased Playbooks now having a reduced function device.

I have spoken with many Blackberry sales reps in New York. NOT ONE has an answer if there will be any updates. They are as blank as anyone  else. Some have even said, yeh, you can put all the email stuff from the phone onto the Playbook. DUH. There is NO sync.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wda80120
My Device: Playbook and Torch
My Carrier: Verizon

As long as I know that my playbook will not work with a new Z10 phone then i refuse to buy the new phone, i'll stay with my Torch.

Blackberry, are you listening....

Please use plain text.
GP-Z10
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: telstra

Dear BB,

The PB's functionality was one feature that had always prevented me from converting all platforms to the other side. If I can no longer use the features with my Z10 that I use to be able to access with my Torch, the combined value proposition is eroded. 

PLEASE send PB OS update. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wda80120
My Device: Playbook and Torch
My Carrier: Verizon

Exactly my feelings, as a result I'm switching to a Windows phone...

Goodbye blackberry.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
mando245

[ Edited ]

Don't give up on Blackberry because they (the BB Company) decided to give up Playbook support.

Going to a Windows phone is not a solution unless you really want to use a Windows 8 compatible device. Too, it still will not be compatible with the PB. Having used Windows 8 on my PC (since day of release), the OS is terrible. But, I can not say anything about Window 8 on their phone.

On the otherhand, all the newest smart phones are beginning to look alike. Hardware form seems to be the main difference.

I have used a Z10 since launch, having come from a BB9000. I have no personal comparison with iPhones, Galaxies, Win8 cell phones. But, I can say the Z10 and (having used) Q10 have a fine quality OS10 and good hardware profiles, not to be dismissed.

Please use plain text.