Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Jillyvanillie
My Device: z10

Z10 BBM Failure

I have had my Z10 since it was first lanunched last winter. A week ago the BBM failed. I can see BBMs come into my hub. To the to the sender it appears as though the message has been delivered but not read. When I try to open the message I am told I need to set up BBM. Even though it provides my correct BB ID in one step, it then says the email is invalid in the next step. If I attempt to open BBM via the app instead of the the message in my hub the sreen says the server is temporarily out of service. It has been a week. I have tried to alter my BB ID information. I have done numerous battery pulls. I have even wiped my Z10 back to factory settings and resynced it. I have the most up to date software. Still no luck.

Recommendations?

Jill

Retired
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Z10 BBM Failure

Hi Jillyvanillie,

Welcome to the support community!

Sorry to hear about the issue you are having with BBM. This KB article should provide more information as well as a possible workaround for this issue. http://blackberry.com/btsc/KB33652

Let me know if that helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
Jillyvanillie
My Device: z10

Re: Z10 BBM Failure

Thank you for trying FS. Unfortunately this does not help me. I already tried the back up and restore via Blackberry Link, I already have the latestest BBM software and it will not let me me restore from email. It confirms the correct BB Id email in one step then says it is invalid in the next step. If I try to open BBM directly from the app it says the server is temporarily unavailible.

Other suggestions??

Jill