Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
alexkotai
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Z10 Backups now Smaller

I downloaded the new blackberry drive desktop software. My backups with the new software are now 500,000kb and previous to this they were 1.2 million kb. Does anyone know if blackberry as condensed the size of its backups. I am still doing a full backup and am concerned I may be missing some data from being backed up.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
keithbergoff
My Device: Z10, 9800
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: Z10 Backups now Smaller

alexkotai wrote:

I downloaded the new blackberry drive desktop software. My backups with the new software are now 500,000kb and previous to this they were 1.2 million kb. Does anyone know if blackberry as condensed the size of its backups. I am still doing a full backup and am concerned I may be missing some data from being backed up.

My first backup was 106Mb, the latest with media is 2.7Gb.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Make sure you're getting Settings, Media, and Application Data.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
alexkotai
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Yeah there is the option on BlackBerry drive for a full or custom backup. I am doing full, same as with the previous version of drive, and my backups are half the size. Maybe I will try custom next time and manually select everything.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

It's BlackBerry Link, not Drive.

I often make each backup separately just to make sure I have everything.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.