Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Jerg
My Device: Z10 STL100-3
My Carrier: Telus

Z10 Battery discharge problem / phone gets warm

Hi,

Since the last 2 days, my phone is acting weird.

I get a constant -1.4W discharge rate (Battery Guru) and my phone is always warm to the touch. I have tried battery pull and manual restart holding the top button, nothing seems to fix this.

Lately, the only thing I did was to update BeWeather and The Weather Network app. I also installed a game, plant vs zombie. My problem started a few days later though, not right after I did those things.

It happened to be like a month ago and at the time, I resolved this by doing a complete wipe of the phone with BB link. But it pains me to think that this is the only fix for this problem...

Its almost like there is something that makes the CPU run at 100% and is draining the battery. But there is no Task manager that I know of built in the Z10 so Im clueless as to what is causing this.

Any help would be appreciated.

OS 10.0.10.85

Carrier Telus

STL100-3

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Z10 Battery discharge problem / phone gets warm

do you use a Micro SD card?

Did you format it in the phone?

Mine did similar until i backed up the mediacard, format in devie and restored data back to it

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jerg

Yes I do.

No, I just put it in and it was working so I didnt see the point at the time.

I'll do this right now and get back to you.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jerg

I formatted it, but battery is still draining at -1.2W.

Even after removing it, still draining. =/

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

possible you have a large email that was sent and server not liking it

you can also call your carried and see if they can look at your logs or get them to send the to BlackBerry to look at it

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jerg

Well, once again I had to reset to factory and restore my last backup to solve this. I cant find exactly whats causing this. The fact that there is no "task manager" doesnt help.

Another thing that is curious is that my data went from an average of under 100mo to 500+ during the last few day when my phone was acting weird.

Anyway, reset to factory was the way to go =/

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
JamesDee55
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell Aliant

[ Edited ]

I find the same problem.. My phone never gets warm when using a wi-fi connection, but it seems once I am out and on a 4LTE connection, for no reason at all it starts to heat up really bad. All I have to do is simply have the phone turned on without almost nothing running, and it gets really hot to the touch.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

what OS are you on? I know some LTE profiles have not been updated by some carriers

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
JamesDee55
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell Aliant

I am running the software version 10.0.10.85

And I say, the phone stays perfectly fine while on Wi-Fi, its only when I am outside using a fast speed phone connection that seems to cause an issue.. I swear, the phone gets so hot sometimes, I can barely hold it.

Please use plain text.