Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
gfricke
My Device: Z10 LTE STL-100/1
My Carrier: Journalist

Z10 Battery issues - showing percentage not corresponding to real level

Dear all, I have an LTE STL 100-1 Blackberry Z10 for three months more or less. It has always worked properly until this week. Out of nowhere, it has started to look like it was draining battery like crazy. I charged 100%, then, suddenly, it went to 0% and the orange LED light blinking. Then, I made a test and I realized that it was lasting 5-6 hours but the showing percentage was 0%. I'm really disapointed because I've already done a battery pull off and a factory reset and It didn't work. The problem is I am a journalist and I use it to work. It's not possible for me not to know exactly what's the level of the battery. I've already tried to check my battery app, but it marks 0%. And the strange thing is it's not heating as many people with batteries issues say.

Could anyone, PLEASE, help me? Thanks a lot

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
sheldonbk
My Device: Q10, Z10, PlayBook 32

Re: Z10 Battery issues - showing percentage not corresponding to real level

Is it the battery app that's giving this information or the device itself? I'm wondering if it's an issue with the app. There are tons of battery related apps. I'd try Battery Guru, which I find to be very reliable. You can check battery levels in the Settings - About - Hardware.
Twitter: @sheldonbk
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
sheldonbk
My Device: Q10, Z10, PlayBook 32

Re: Z10 Battery issues - showing percentage not corresponding to real level

If it is actual battery performance that you're seeing these inconsistencies on, I'd replace the battery.
Twitter: @sheldonbk
Please use plain text.