Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: MTN

Z10 Battery lasts 1 hour.

Hi,

i am having problems with my Z10 battery life, once i did the latest software update(Version 10.1.0.4181) my phone battery had just started dieing instantly, i have charged my phone for the entire night, 1 hour off the charger and the battery life was down to 58%, i plugged it onto the car charger on my way to work for 20 minutes and it was back up to around 80%. i have re formatted my phone and rolled back software to version 10.1.0.273,

any ideas as to what i can do to sort out this problem?

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Z10 Battery lasts 1 hour.

Good day

So clearly you didn't have any battery problems with the previous OS correct? Thats why you reloaded it? and its still give you problems?

I never experience my Z10 dying just in one hour wow

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

After reloading the previous version it got worse now i have to charge my phone atleast 2 to 3 times a day without using it much.

at times it would show me 0% battery life but it would stay on for another hour or so.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Bell

[ Edited ]

So you reloaded your OS correct? Is the area your in have good signal? Do you got LTE on? There are many things that can come to play here.

now your battery isn't giving you accurate read?  then try this method below to fix it

Battery meter is off sync with the a the actual battery charge. Connect to your OEM wall outlet battery charger and while still connected and powered on, remove the battery a minute to reboot. After reboot leave to fully charge to 100%.
Thus will reset the false charge reading.

Also here are some tips for getting battery life because I myself get bout 10-12 hours per day without charge!

How can I extend battery life?

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

i generally have HSDPA with full reception.

i did what you said and it seemed to be better, it dropped from 100% to 34% in 3 hours, but after 1 phone call it dropped from 34% to 0% . i'm thinking of sending the phone back in to my supplier because it is to problematic now.

So far it has been on 0% battery life for the past hour and a half and all of the tips and tricks for extended battery life are adhered to.