Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Z10 Battery will not hold charge for more than 8 hours

My Z10 can hardly be called a mobile phone when it needs to be plugged in all the time. The battery will not hold a charge for longer than 8 hours and this times seems to be growing shorter day by day. I have four emails accounts set up, blue tooth to connect to my car, Blackberry Protect enabled, Location Services is enabled. I use the Blackberry charger that came with the phone. I use the phone only for communication and am not watching videos, playing games, surfing the net or playing music. (If I used these features I wonder how long the battery would last.) I have removed the battery a couple of times to reboot the phone but this does not help. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

SCGC

Stephen
New Z10 user (May 2013)
on Bell Mobility
Kitchener, Ontario
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Z10 Battery will not hold charge for more than 8 hours

I have had my Z10 about a Month now and I am down to 4 Hours Battery life. Also if I setmy phone to silent mode and put it my pocket, the phone turns itself off xompletely ;-(

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

To validate the operating system and radio software complete the following steps:

1. Tap Settings > About.
  2. In the Category drop-down menu, select  OS.
  3. Ensure the Radio Version is only 1 number higher than the  OS Version.

If not then follow this

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB34666

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Radio Version is 10.1.0.1721 and the OS Version is 10.1.0.1720. I felt hopefule there for a moment.

SCGC

Stephen
New Z10 user (May 2013)
on Bell Mobility
Kitchener, Ontario
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

do you use an SD card?

remove it and see if better

if it is better, back up the data on it and format SD card in device and put data back in the correct folders

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

No, I do not use a SD card. My phone came off the charger 7 hours ago and the battery now is down to 28%.

Stephen
New Z10 user (May 2013)
on Bell Mobility
Kitchener, Ontario