Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Ron2792
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Sask Tel

Z10 BlackBerry World Update Failure

After installation of the BlackBerry World update, the BlackBerry World application has stopped working. The icon is still on the screen, but the icon is grayed out. BlackBerry Link indicated that the Link Program had an update available. After installing the Link Program update, it indicated that an update was available for the Z10 to version 10.0.9.348. This was installed but did not solve the problem with the BlackBerry World application. I have been unable to locate a link to reinstall the application. I was quite satisfied with the Z10 prior to this issue and would appreciate a resolution to the problem as soon as possible.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Z10 BlackBerry World Update Failure

Somehow the BB wold app is within the OS and I don't of a way to download it and install it.  But when a major app like the BB world is greyed out, that means durring the zos upgrade it got currupted somehow.  If you have a backup on BB link, you can restore you system prior to the update.  Another option you might consider is to do a BB Link system restore and start from scratch and that will also pull down the latest update. Version 10.0.10.85..

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ron2792
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Sask Tel

Re: Z10 BlackBerry World Update Failure

Thanks for the input. I was hoping that as the problem was caused by a link that was just supposed to update Blackberry World App that there may be a link to a total install of Blackberry World App. Unfortunately, my original version of link would not do a system backup so my first backup was after the Link update which was also after the problem with Blackberry World App. I'm going to do a little more looking for a solution that risks less of my data, but within the next couple of days I will have to use your suggestion of a system restore. Thanks again for the prompt reply.

Please use plain text.