Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
quizkid
My Device: z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Z10 Blue Screen two times and is now dead

My wife's phone had two blue screen episodes recently.  Blue screen is defined as: phone is operating as normal and the screen switches to all blue and the phone will not respond to any swipe or power button press.  Battery needed to be pulled to restart the phone.  Then, while in the middle of a call, the phone gave up the ghost and that was the end.  Won't restart.

Troubleshooting I went through to no avail:

- Put my known good battery into the phone

- left the battery out of the phone overnight

- put the phone on a known good charger for several hours (battery in)

- power button + volume up for 10+ seconds

- power button + mute for 10+ seconds

- power button + volume down for 10+ seconds

- power button + up and down volume for 10+ seconds

- power button + all previously mentioned buttons at the same time for 10+ seconds

- battery out and connected to the charger

The only responses I can get from the phone to indicate ANY life are:

- battery out and connected to charger - upon connecting to the charger, the red light on the front of the phone will light solid for ~23 seconds then nothing.

- battery in and Z10 connected to charger, hold the power button for 10 seconds and the red light will quick-flash twice then nothing.

The 2 quick flashes might be a key, I don't know.  If anyone knows of any flash codes, it would be helpful to me and others.

We have a replacement phone on the way, but we would love to get this thing booted up and get a copy of the most recent pictures.

Thanks much everyone!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
fyip
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Z10 Blue Screen two times and is now dead

Try connecting it to your computer , with battery out then battery in.
fyip.......for your info please
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
scrannel
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.2228
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

[ Edited ]

I have had the blue screen issue, which I traced to an app (I hope!). My experience is it will eventually reboot on its own. Once the screen goes blue, do nothing. I know the immediate response is to "fix it" but the phone will recover. Pulling a battery while it's trying to reboot is a very bad idea.

fyip is right, now you have to get your pc to recognize your phone.  Try his suggestions. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
quizkid

I took the battery out of the Z10 for an hour, then hooked it up to a PC running the newest version of BB Link.  The red light on the phone lights up for more than 20 seconds then goes out.  I left it like that for an hour to see if the phone was in an extended boot cycle or something.  no luck.

While still plugged into the PC (with Link still running), I put the battery in the phone.  Left it for another hour.  No joy...

I hate bowing to technology and I still have the rest of the week before I have to put the phone in the mail back to T-Mobile.  I'll keep trying things.  Suggestions are still welcome through 8 Nov 2013.

Thanks everyone!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
quizkid

Well, we received the replacement phone last week and I set it all up for my wife.  She was greeted with a stunning Blue Screen this morning when she pulled the charging cable out.  The phone rebooted and blue screened again while I was at work and now is dead.  After the first blue screeen this morning, she uninstalled the three apps that were installed within the last week (angry birds starwars, tap tap jewel and color oil).  Anybody out there have the same repeating issue across different replacement phones?

I guess bad luck otherwise.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
scrannel
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.2228
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

If you have a repeat (identical) problem, look for something you are passing on to the new phone: bad SIM; bad SD card; bad charger or cable. It's usually not... bad luck.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
quizkid

Looks like bad luck from this end.

Called T-Mobile on Thursday (14 Nov) and they said they would send another replacement phone, but they are backordered.  The delay could be up to three days.  We can wait.

We received the replacement phone today and it arrived in a warranty sealed plain white box.  Great, we got a new(er) phone as a replacement, or so I thought.  Opened the box to find a phone with dirt on it and dirt under the screen protector.  Also, the phone had clearly been dropped on a hard surface on one corner.  In this kind of condition, someone had the nerve to put it into a box and put on a warranty seal as if it were a new phone.  What kind of **bleep** is this?  Promptly called T-Mobile and made some pictures of the phone condition in case someone needs to see it.

BTW, the packaging looked perfect and damage did not occur in shipping.

We will see what condition the next Z10 will be in.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
fyip
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

It is not bad luck and it is not T-Mobile, someone in the shipping where the phones are coming from is sending out customer returned phones and keeping the new phones for themselves.

fyip.......for your info please
Please use plain text.
roman27
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: t mobile

Im no expert, but the same thi.g happened to me as soon as i downloaded angry birds star wars too. Im guessing this app has something to do with it but thats what caused my z10 to crash.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Leslie8120
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

I always said to my wife that if you wanna play games, get an iPhone. And she ended up getting an iPhone....for games. But on the other hand, she loves the BlackBerry 9900 that she's using for work
Please use plain text.