Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

Z10 Bluetooth HS-700 Answer and Terminate Calls

When I am using the HS-700 Bluetooth earphone with the Z10, at the time it comes for me to terminate the call I would normally press a double click on the earphone backside to hang up. Normally a single press or click would be to put the call on mute.

With the Z10, the double click is putting the present call on hold and dialing the previous caller!  I have to quickly pull out the phone and manually tap on the prompt to end the call.

What I have been doing is not disconnecting and waiting for the system to drop the call. Sometimes this can take a minute or two. It also uses more minutes of mobile time that adds up over the coarse of many days.  If the caller picks up again I will still be connected, and this is annoying for everyone.

I am wondering what I would have to do to hang up the call with this earphone. Maybe someone has worked this out?

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

Re: Z10 Bluetooth HS-700 Answer and Terminate Calls

Jerry,

I don't have your Bluetooth device, I have a built in in my 5 series.  This happened the first time when I paired it with my car. It transfered all my addressbook to the car. The calls were working fine and ended when the other party disconnected. The problem I had was when I used voice activated on the z10 to make the call or use Voice activated to send a text to my wife, it wouldn't hang up the call after. I had to end it through the car or the device.  I removed the z10 from the bluetooth from the car and also removed it from my z10 the car. Then I paired it again and I have not had that problem since. My car bluetooth is old so I am guessing an update of the sofware is needed. But on my wifes car she has the blue ant commute (just came out) works great with the z10.. No issues with the calls staying active at all. Voice activation also works great. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ceathan
My Device: z10

Ihave been using a BT headset for a while now, also the BT system in the car, I had major issues leaving the headset vicinity and losing all my call alerts, not good.

However the software update has cured the issue

I have one tap to terminate the call if I tap twice it brings in random music.

I the car I have a habit of using the steering wheel controls so havent noticed any issues.

You are a brave man using the voice text service, perhaps I have a bad accent but its still not realiable for me. Have you found it gets better with use?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

I have the exact same issues with the HS-700. I have use manual end.

If I receive the call, when the caller hangs up the phone will drop the call after about 10 seconds.

I hope BlackBerry addressed to this problem.
Jerry G.
Please use plain text.