Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
LeBerger
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: o2.de
Accepted Solution

Z10 Bluetooth problem with handsfree since update to 10.1.0.273

Hello,

since the update to 10.1.0.273 my bluetooth connection with handsfree in my car doesn't work properly anymore.

A new pairing with the handsfree was also unsuccessful.

With Software 10.0.10.90 all functions works correct.

Then I tried to connect to my notebook and my nokia lumia first time.

Pairing initially was OK, but then the error message "Es ist kein Netz zur Verbindung verfügbar. Sie können Dateien mit diesem Gerät über andere Anwendungen freigeben."!

What does this mean???

Can anybody help me?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Z10 Bluetooth problem with handsfree since update to 10.1.0.273

Hey LeBerger,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

The error message is just an alert stating you can not tether the network connection but you can share files.

With regards to setting up the Bluetooth connection with your car, do you get any specific errors when trying to pair the connection?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
LeBerger
My Carrier: o2.de

Hi ViciousFerret,

pairing seems to be OK, but i can't take call: when I receive a call, the handsfree does not react although a connection exists. When I make a call from the handsfree (the phonebook sync works!), the phone react but no status-window and no of the control elements in the car screen are visible (with old software 10.0.10.90 did it work). I can't hear my call partner, but he hears me.

A new pairing doesn't brings success.

The switching between bluetooh playback and speaker still remains without success.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Martinmckean
My Carrier: Ee

I have exactly the same problem since update, I hope a fix will be rolled out, I need Bluetooth for my work
Please use plain text.
lenakad
My Carrier: Fido

I have a somewhat realated issue. 

BT setup with Cadillac CUE, I had contact pictures synched in Car, this was great, was even a selling feature over Nexus 4 and iPhone...

Since 10.1, Pictures don't seem to sync anymore :smileysad: 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Rav1004
My Carrier: Orange

Hi – I seem to have a similar problem with my car’s (Nissan) Bluetooth handsfree following the BB10.1 update.

Before the update the hands free worked fine being able to make and receive calls and play music via Bluetooth. However since the update whilst the phone still pairs OK with the car and will play music, if I try and make a phone call, the call is made by the phone but there is no sound nor does the end call button appear on the car display.

If not fixable is there any way I can set the phone back to the previous version of BB10.0? As whilst I like the improvements made in BB10.1 I would rather have a phone that worked with my car’s handsfree.

Any help much appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
diwe63
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Hi,

same story with my handsfree.  BB is connected but I cant make or receive a call.

It is a safty feature to use the handsfree in a car  - if it is working with the mobile :-)

I hope the problem can be fixed soon.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
JosephI
My Device: BB Playbook/Z10
My Carrier: TELUS

I'm using my TomTom GO930 for handsfree.  I had a similar issue - Z10 wouldn't pair with it after the update.  It was compounded by TomTom also releasing an update which I installed around the same time.  So I didn't know which update to blame.

What fixed it for me was to reboot both devices (restart for Z10, reset for TomTom), clear the pairing on both Z10 (to TomTom) and TomTom (to Z10).  Another reboot for both devices after clearing their pairings.  Then proceeded to pair them again.  It worked.

That was 2 days ago.  I haven't had issues so far.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Martinmckean
My Carrier: Ee

Some feedback from blackberry would be good. I don't want to have to change to an iPhone if possible
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Rav1004
My Carrier: Orange

Hi Joesphl,

Thanks for your comments and for your information I have cleared the pairings on both devices and renamed and rebooted the  Z10 but it makes no difference the phone and car handsfree (as they have always done) pair fine but still same issues of no sound when making call and no way to end call.

Please use plain text.