Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
akholden1951
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE

Re: Z10 Bluetooth problem with handsfree since update to 10.1.0.273

How Abusive. The fact remains that it DID work fine with the Nissan Connect system until the OS was updated to 10.1.0.273 and, since then it doesn't. How can that be a problem with the car system? All it needs is for Blackberry to add back in the code that they altered and it should be fine again.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kantsas
My Device: z10
My Carrier: orange

[ Edited ]

Why are you such a smug prat?... buy a new car? why are you continually avoiding the FACT that when we purchased the z10 it WORKED doofus! It was the update that BlackBerry did which altered the way BT interacts with the phone.. they changed how the volume controls work.. before when something was connected it used to display a locked symbol... now with the update we have media volume controls... also before I could only control and skip tracks on the official music app... but after the update I can skip tracks on deezer using the steering wheel. My van is a 62 plate.. with the latest version they have. You want to talk BS? Then please carry on... BlackBerry are the ones to blame, not a **bleep**ing car manufacturer. Anyway you wait in 2 years BlackBerry are going, do u realize how many customers they will lose in the next batch?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
LeBerger
My Carrier: o2.de

Hi @all,

I've found this article

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB34568

in the BB Knowledgebase. I hope that the problem will be solved as soon as possible.

Please use plain text.
RazzelDazzel
My Carrier: Telstra

Too late... I got myself an Android instead of this heap of junk...and was on waiting list for Q10 for the wife, but bought her an iPhone instead of another BlackBerry failure. Get your act together BlackBerry so you won't lose more ex-loyal customers.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
akholden1951

Guess what? ANother OS update, we're now on 10.1.0.2312 - installed Friday 6th July. STILL NO FIX FOR THE HANDS FREE PROBLEMS!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
scrannel
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.2228
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

[ Edited ]

Look, it may make you feel better to call people names, but do you really believe that BBerry is the only phone that has this issue? When my son bought his iPhone it was listed as compatible with his car. Then, after a software upgrade, it stopped being compatible. Apple's advice: "down grade your phone to the previous OS."

However, if you buy a phone that you know is NOT listed by the car company as being compatible, you are taking your own chances. My Motorola Deny worked perfectly when I bought my car, but it was not listed on the car's site. My car dealer warned me (having lived through this a few hundred times) that if my phone wasn't listed it might stop working when there was an update. It really doesn't matter if it WAS working, sometimes you get lucky. (As with my Motorola). I know it's a bummer, but you probably should have checked before you bought the phone.

On the forum for my car (a UK forum) there are people with G3 and G4 and iPhones who are having this exact issue. Not all, but enough.

So Kantsas, it seems to me that if you bought a phone that was not listed as compatible with you car, well... who's the doofus?

Also, presume everyone has been here:  http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2013/02/bluetooth-connectivity-issues/

Be sure to read "comments" at end of blog. 

And this:  http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=4C594226E66AE90C34DC9A35E8DE0666?...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Rav1004
My Carrier: Orange

The recent leaked OS version 10.1.0.4543 seems to have has solved the Bluetooth problem which now works with my Nissan handsfree as it did in 10.0.

It is NOT an official release operating system and does come with the warning that if you install this OS keep in mind that this may cause your phone to not function correctly. Also remember, upon loading this OS, it will wipe your device clean. Make sure you back up your device before loading it. Otherwise, you will lose all your data.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
akholden1951

Where can I get this update from? Is it on the Blackberry website?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kantsas

Trying now, report soon

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kantsas