Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

ansari_86
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Wataniya

Z10 Broadcast!!!!

I was very pleased when I bought my new BB Z10, but when I turned it on and looking for advantages, unfortunately I discovered a strong disadvantage in "BBM Broadcast" is the inability to select all contacts at one time. So it is please do check out the statement about this issue if you intend to solve them or not ?! Thank You...
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MikeScully
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Re: Z10 Broadcast!!!!

You can send a broadcast messages to all your BBM contacts. In the "To" field, touch the + icon (which will bring up your list of BBM contacts, then scroll down the list of contacts touching each one as you scroll down the list. Then type your message and hit send !

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
streetcharm
My Carrier: Fido

I think you misread the ISSUE. Its not that you cant send a BCM, its the inability to select ALL your contacts at once. I do a LOT of BCM in my line of work and use that feature daily. Believe me when I tell you that YOU DO NOT WANT to be selecting individual contacts one at a time when you have several hundred or even a thousand contacts. previous BBs all had this ability and this is major problem. I hope I missed something or there is a workaround as I have not been able to use this feature since day 1.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MikeScully
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Sorry yes I did misunderstand the issue..   Was just trying to help.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
streetcharm
My Carrier: Fido

Sorry Mike, wasnt snapping at you just wanted to make the issue clearer since Im in the same boat - hopefully it can get quickly resolved. Thanx for your help

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
omani
My Device: z10
My Carrier: omantel

One of my friends sold his z10 on the second day due to this problem - in addition to the missing app's like: WhatsApp and instegram.

I hope that this issue will be solved in the coming update
Please use plain text.
Visitor
osasa
My Device: z10
My Carrier: zain

[ Edited ]

Most of my friends who bought Z10 sold it wihtin 2 days specially because of BBM. It is a big disappointment. No SEND BRODCASE TO ALL. Font lacking designs and special shaps that looks weird or blocks on z10. NO AUTOTEXT :Dots:

RIM have quite good experience but I don't know why this happen.

Even thought, I'll keep stick to my z10 for a quite time hopping they will solve it in short time.

Please use plain text.
YABulbulia
My Device: 9700 Bold & Curve 8520

when will this problem or update be available to select all in bc messages

Please use plain text.