Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
wapkaplet
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Z10 Browser broken

In the last couple of days, by Z10 browser appears to have gotten broken somehow. It's incredibly frustrating and I don't know how to fix it. The problems I'm seeing include (but are not limited to):

- Not being able to close a tab

- Not being able to click on hyperlinks within a webpage

- Tabs displaying each other's content (for instance, the URL bar shows blackberry.com, but the tab actually shows google search content from another open tab.

- Incomplete loading of pages (see attached image)

Basically, the browser has become completely unusable. My device information is as follows:

Model: BlackBerry Z10

Model #: STL100-3

OS Version: 10.1.0.1720

I've tried closing and reopening the browser, rebooting the phone, power cycling the phone, pulling the battery, removing the MicroSD card, turning of wifi, etc. I'm stumped.

Please tell me there's something else I can do besides restoring this device to factory settings.

If I DO have to restore to factory settings, can I do the restore and then put my full device backup back on the phone, or will that just undo the restore and bring this problem back.

Uh... HELP!

New Contributor
wapkaplet

Re: Z10 Browser broken

Shoot, here's that image:

http://tinypic.com/r/2n1ufde/5

You'll see that the page in question is not completely loaded, and that the URL bar doesn't match the page content anyway.

New Contributor
wapkaplet

I have now:

1. Done a factory restore on the device.

2. Performed a clean software update.

3. Restored a backup.

Every problem with the browser app still exists. Can anyone help me?

New Contributor
wapkaplet

I've redone the factory restore and tested the browser, and it works properly, so it must be something in my system configuration that broke it.

I've restored just settings successfully, but I'm afraid to restore apps, as I feel fairly certain that this will just break things all over again.

Does anyone know of a way to selectively restore apps from a backup? I'd like to restore some 3rd party ones that have their own data, and expect I can do so without breaking the browser again. However, I see no option to do this in BlackBerry Link.

Thanks!

Contributor
vrobison
My Device: Blackberry 10

This solved the problem for me.  Thanks to hadigunawan and others on CrackBerry forums.

Somehow, clearing thebroswser settings while in Flight mode solved the problem:

1) switch to flight mode 
2) open up browser go to settings 
3) clear all history/cookies
4) reset search engine 

5) Close browser

6) Turn off Flight mode

7) Restart browser.