Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Takmelius
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Etisalat

Z10 Bug List and Dropped Features

Instead of wading through tens of threads and hundreds of posts to find out what needs to be fixed with the Z10 or posting your own list, reply to this post and I will update this list daily. I will add any new bugs and also strike through the ones that are resolved. This way people don't have to go through the entire thread to know if their bug is here and whether it's been fixed.

Since some of the items on the list technically aren't bugs, I'm going to point out after each item on the list whether it's a 'Bug', a 'Dropped Feature' from the old Blackberry OSs, or a 'Counterintuitive' feature.

Here goes:

1. Cannot paste a number in the dial-pad. (Dropped Feature)
  2. BBM does not recognise phone numbers. (Dropped Feature)
  3. BBM 'Copy' option can only copy entire message. (Bug)
  4. Browser does not recognise phone numbers. (Dropped Feature)
  5. Discrepancy between Call list and Activity list. (Bug)
  6. Activity list does not include time of call if the call was not made today. (Bug)
  7. When opening an unread SMS/BBM, the default setting for the keypad should be off. (Counterintuitive)
  8. The 'Return' key disappears from the keypad when replying to a message. (Bug)
  9. Cannot send an SMS directly from contacts tab (not contacts app). (Dropped Feature)
  10. Cannot SMS a number from received calls or hub without adding it to the contact list. (Dropped Feature)
  11. Cannot edit a contact directly from the dialled list or contacts tab. (Counterintuitive)
  12. No quick way to get the bottom or top of a list (like 't' and 'b'). (Dropped Feature)
  13. No alarm option in Remember. (Counterintuitive)
  14. Text selection and moving the cursor are confusing. (Counterintuitive)
    15. Backspace continues to erase forwards as soon as it's done erasing backwards. Has always been there on older phones. I still find it annoying though.
  15. Extremely annoying disappearing-reappearing keypad during text selection/editing. (Counterintuitive)
  16. No visual signifier for refreshing. (Counterintuitive)
  17. Keypad hides the options. (Counterintuitive)
    19. When you select all or select a portion of text, you cannot delete, you can only cut. If the keypad is visible tap backspace, if not, double finger swipe from the bottom and it will appear.
  18. When attempting to select text while the circle is visible, the keypad disappears and the text window needlessly and annoyingly shifts downwards. (Bug)
  19. When pasting text, the keypad disappears and the text window needlessly and annoyingly shifts downwards. (Bug)
  20. Very slow shifting between 'Missed' and 'All' calls. (Bug)
  21. Random restarts. (Bug)
  22. Lingering red-stars in the hub, even when there is nothing unread. (Bug)
  23. BBMs started from the hub don't appear in the BBM app. (Bug)
  24. App features vary depending on where you open them. (Bug)
  25. While using BB Maps navigation, making or receiving a phone call conceals the map. (Counterintuitive)
    28. Deleted apps still show up in BlackBerryWorld.
  26. Duplicate and triplicate contacts. (Bug)
  27. Blank black screen (sometimes followed by white screen) preceding System Settings screen. (Bug)
  28. BBM update notifications should not apply to your own updates. (Bug)
  29. No 'Search' feature inside the 'Remember' app. (Counterintuitive)
  30. Gmail Calendar posting lags. (Bug)
  31. 30 day email (Dropped Feature)
  32. After selected text is highlighted in blue, if you do not remove your finger before the keyboard shifts downwards you lose your selection. (Bug)
  33. If you minimise the 'Docs' app while editing and you tap compose to send an email/SMS, any text typed will appear in the document you have minimised in the 'Docs' app. That is unless you reposition the cursor in the window you are in by tapping inside it. (Bug)
  34. When renaming the default 'Contacts' category in BBM, the name change is not applied. (Bug)
  35. Linked contacts unlink after restoring from backup. (Bug)
  36. Random device lockups that require a restart. (Bug)
  37. Rotation lock does not work in landscape mode. (Bug)
  38. When listening to music while the screen has timed out or is locked and you press and hold one of the volume buttons to skip the song there is a 3 second lag as opposed to a 1 second lag if the screen in on. (Bug)
  39. 3 rows of emoticons hidden in between the 2 pages of emoticons. (Bug)
  40. Dialling app should be an 'Always On' app like the HUB. (Dropped Feature)
  41. Dialling from SMSs is inconsistent. Works for some contacts but not others. (Bug)
  42. BBMs are viewable in landscape mode in the hub, but not in the app. (Bug)
  43. Loading external images in an email, occasionally take you back to the hub. (Bug)
  44. When the screen rotates, the cursor position is lost. (Bug)
  45. If you dismiss a missed call, there is no way to mark it as viewed in the hub, not even by calling the number. (Bug)
  46. If you delete a missed call from the hub, the next time you receive a missed call from that number, it will tell you that you have two missed calls even though you will only have one in the hub. (Bug)
  47. When composing an SMS you don't see the conversation history for that contact until you send the SMS. (Bug)
  48. You can copy a phone number from the hub, but you can't paste it anywhere. (Bug)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
StrawBerryZ10
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Re: Z10 Bug List and Dropped Features

[ Edited ]

Call entries shown in the Hub (not the phone app) continue to appear as phone numbers even after that number has been saved to a contact. Subsequent calls are correctly shown (as contact name), but existing records prior to that number being saved to a contact continue to only show their number instead of their name.

No "Dismiss all" option for notifications in the Hub. Should probably have this for all notifications, and notifications in individidual categories.

Dismissed missed calls do not appear in "Notifications" area of the Hub. Why AREN'T they there?

WhatsApp conversations appear in "Notifications" area of the Hub, even if there are no unread messages. Why IS this here?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
StrawBerryZ10

[ Edited ]

When doing a long press on a message in the Hub, it does not deselect the previously selected message. You end up with 2 highlighted messages, but actions you take only apply to the message on which the long press occured. The correct behaviour would be for any previously selected message to be deselected when a long press occurs on another message.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
StrawBerryZ10

Add capability to edit or delete the "suggested contacts" when composing an email. Currently a lot of unhelpful contact suggestions are made (even those spelt with typos show up) based on previous emails. Annoying bug/ missing option
Please use plain text.
Contributor
FoXX805
My Carrier: AT&T

This thread was a good idea, until I opened it and saw too much info pasted in an unorganized manner. I'd rather look through organized threads.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
StrawBerryZ10

[ Edited ]

It is a good idea. He just needs to update his list daily as he said he was going to- assimilating suggestions from other posts.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
FoXX805
My Carrier: AT&T

I don't get it. 0-9 are written like 5 different times. I read the first two and was like... back...
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Takmelius

I'm attempting to edit the post. I just can't find a way to do it!!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Takmelius

Please indicate what items on the list are repeated.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Takmelius

How is it un-organized? It's an annotated list. The items that are indented were supposed to be striked through because they were resolved, but for some reason I'm not able to edit the post.
Please use plain text.