Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10, STL100-3
My Carrier: Rogers

Z10 Camera Focus Problem

I'm running 10.0.10.85 on an STL100-3 and I noticed after the last few software updates that my rear camera isn't focusing on anything properly. I also tried to focus in on some text on a piece of paper but that came out unclear too. The focus lines turn green but the picture still isn't in focus. The photos that I capture come out blurry as well. 

However, this wasn't always an issue, when I first got the phone, the pictures were really sharp and clear! See these examples of the difference: 

http://i.imgur.com/y3IKwg6.jpg- Perfect (before recent updates, taken a month ago)

http://i.imgur.com/oGVtBrJ.jpg- Blurred (taken within the last 2 weeks)
http://i.imgur.com/7ISTm4z.jpg- Blurred (taken within the last 2 weeks)

Is this a software issue? Or is it the device itself? I haven't dropped the phone or damaged it in anyway and there's a good cae on it. Help!

Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: Z10 Camera Focus Problem

Hello tazdevil16

Welcome to the forums. 

Sorry to hear about your issue. I would suggest you contact your mobile network provider and ask this issue be escalated to BlackBerry for investigation.

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

You have a choice between Normal, Stabilization and burst in your'e shooting mode. Select stabilization and the pictures should be great. That worked for me!
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10

Also, make doubly sure the lens is clean.. It's very easy to gum it up with fingerprint or two. :smileyhappy:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
My Device: z10
My Carrier: rogers

hi, i have the same issue, did you solve it? 

New Contributor

Hi ngthaihoc89, I had to send my phone in for repair through my cellphone company. I advise that you do the same as soon as possible.
New Contributor

And they sent it to the manufacturer or RIM, it was repaired and sent back to me. Took about a week and a half.
My Device: z10
My Carrier: rogers

well, i bought this from a guy, i dont know if i can send it through rogers or not?!

New Contributor

Oh, I'm afraid you would have to pay for any repairs in that case.  Unless the phone is not unlocked and is tied to rogers. Call and ask them if it is possible, I'm assuming that the person who you bought it from, bought it from rogers. 

Also, there is usually a 1 year warranty parts and labour. However, you do have to contact your cellphone company as all repairs go through carriers.

Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Get a tiny Lenspen and clean your lens lol!