Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Virgin

Re: Z10 Camera Shutter Sound

There are NO laws governing the shutter sound in any electronic device (Aside from S Korea). Canada definitely does not have any legislature governing the sound of a digital camera in any capacity. I challenge you to provide proof to the contrary. You can't, because no such law exists.

People need to stop perpetrating the myth of the shutter sound law. It's bad enough that people believe stupid stuff like that when they read it on the internet. Doesn't matter how many times it's falsely put out there...doesn't make it real.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BB PlayBook, BB Z10 (replaces my Motorola BIONIC), Apple iPhone5; iPhone3S
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I don't mind a shutter sound, as long I can turn it down. The shutter on the Z10 is obnoxiouslly loud, It is even worse in video record mode. When I start to record a video it makes a large *BONG*. Trying to video my daugthers orchestra concert last night. I clicked on record just moments before the conductor went on stage. He turned and looked my way at the sound...I was twenty rows back :No:.  

This is the only phone, or digital camera, I have owned that I could not turn the shutter/record sound off. And it is by far the loudess of any.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QNX + Android = BB10 = The only platform that offers the freedom of choice.
New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Virgin

10.1 makes a bit of difference...the shutter sound is still there but significantly quieter. Doesn't discount the fact that the shutter and video sounds are still there when they don't need to be and are still embarrassing at times.
Try sideloading Flickr onto your Z10. I tried it (and its camera feature) and the shutter sound on that thing scared the **bleep** out of me. The shutter sound on Flickr has got to be at least 4 times louder than the Z10 shutter sound.