Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Z10 Can't Retrieve BlackBerry ID - Cannot backup or download apps

Hi there,

I've googled this like crazy but havent been able to find an answer.

My new Z10 can no longer retrieve my blackberry ID. I set it up originally and it worked, I was able to back it up once and download a few apps from appworld. But since the 8th my device has stopped associating it with my blackberry ID.

- When I try to download an app it tells me:

- When I go to settings > BBID it just says "Retrieving BlackBerry ID properties..." and stays at the loading screen forever.

- When I plug it into the computer and open BlackBerry Link, it will not backup because it wont associate with a BBID

I've tried restarting, I've tried battery pulls. I havent wiped because I cant backup and I'll lose all the info i've added over the last week.

Thanks

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Z10 Can't Retrieve BlackBerry ID - Cannot backup or download apps

Hey culturist

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Are you able to access your BlackBerry ID from a computer by going to www.blackberry.com/blackberryid?

Also when was the last time you could access your BlackBerry ID?  Do you have a data plan with your BlackBerry Z10 or just connected via Wi-Fi?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Carrier: Orange

Me to:  Since Sunday Blackberry ID page on settings just keeps spinning trying to retreive ID setting so cant even change the ID to another. Cant get anything from BB World either.  Cant Print-to-Go. Can't backup.

My Bold 9700 is also locked out of email - but the app world works.

Also - my Playbook works - all on the same ID - but does not use BB server for email.. Can log in to ID online on computer OK.

Spent 50 mins on phone yesterday with BB Help - sent several logs which they are reviewing and due to phone back.

Next thing is to try a security reset back to the start i think - but as my Bold is also affected BB dont want to do that yet.

Will post back here if it is sorted.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

[ Edited ]

Add me to the list of people having this problem. The BlackBerry ID option from the settings menu does nothing (just says retreiving blackberry properties), the newsstand app says unable to authenticate,  I cannot download new apps, and updating apps says download starting then gives an error, "unable to complete your request" or along those lines.

Only thing different if that I can backup, but only via USB cable, not via wifi. Are you supposed to be able to backup via wifi?

EDIT: Spoke too soon, I cannot backup either.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

I've made some progress.

I managed to create a backup by:

1) Plug the USB cable in, try to backup, fail

2) Disable all mobile networks

3) Turn off the phone and wait a few minutes

5) Turn the phone on while still plugged in with BB Link open

6) Try to backup, worked for me

I then got this error message when I click on the BackBerry ID settings page “Unable to connect to the BlackBerry ID server. Please try again. (50506)”

And now when I click the BackBerry ID settings page I get

“Unable to connect to the blackBerry ID server. Please make sure that you have the current date and time set and try again. (50507)”

I continue to get this message even though the time is correct.

New Contributor

Hi again,

It all of a sudden started working an hour or two after I made my original post. I'm not sure what changed, nothing on my end that I can think of.

To answer your question anyhow, j was able to log onto my blackberry id online. I do have a data plan, and I tried accessing my BlackBerry id from the device over both data and wifi.

Thanks again
My Device: BBZ10

Just picked up a  Z10, my BBID is also inop. Error code (50500) unable to connect to the BBID server

very flustered, can't download anything or sync my contacts from my old BBM

New Contributor
My Carrier: Orange

I had 50500 and 50 error codes. Gave up waiting BlackBerry support. Did a security wipe. Now working.
New Contributor
My Carrier: rogers

I've been having this same problem since Thursday.  I just got my BB10 Wednesday and was able to download a couple of apps but since then I've been experiencing the same issue as the previous posters.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

The only solution seems to be to do a secure wipe of the phone. But, there's no telling how long before or if the problem with the BlackBerry ID re-occurs. When my phone couldn't retrieve the BBID I didn't get an error at all, it just hung with the little circle spinning (I left it an hour once and nothing happened).