Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Z10 ; Cant send or receive photo attachments on text messages

Reently obtained Z10 and all well expect from the start I could not open any photo attachment sent to me via Text message. The message tells me I have an attachment and click here to open... but nothing happens when I click. When I try to send a message with a photo attachment it does not send, and gives up after a number of efforts with the message "general problems".

I can send photo attachments by email but not text. I cant believe such a good phone cant send or receive photos via text message. The carrier [Vodafone] says they have checked everything their side and dont know why its not working. Any suggestions from anyone who had experienced similar?

Thank you if you can assist.

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Limited Edition Z10, BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: Idea

Re: Z10 ; Cant send or receive photo attachments on text messages

Please refer t this thread and see if this helps you.

Click on Like Button if I helped you. Accept As SolutionIf my response solved your problem.
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Limited Edition Z10, BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: Idea

[ Edited ]

I would also suggest you to perform a Security Wipe. This is probably a bug and will be removed by performing the wipe.

To do that.

Settings -> Security And Password -> Security Wipe.

Do BackUp Your data before doing that.

Here's How To Back Up Your Device Data Using BlackBerry Link

Click on Like Button if I helped you. Accept As SolutionIf my response solved your problem.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10 + Torch + Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone Uk

I started this thread on Vodafones support site about MMS in February http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/BlackBerry-10/MMS/td-p/1421770 and gave up trying to get it to work correctly. The only thing I managed but it was hit and misss was to change the format of the picture.  Vodafone if pushed and you have to really get on there case get you to 3rd line support and either try to sort it or change your handset to something else.

Get Vodafone to check  MMSO and MMST are both unticked on your account.

New Contributor

Thanks but still cannot get it to work. Does this mean the device itself is faulty like carrier suggests?

Thank you

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10 + Torch + Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone Uk

Does this mean the device itself is faulty like carrier suggests?

Not necessarily, I know Vodafone UK have a lot of problems with this and they can't get to the bottom of it, Check to see if the APN and MMSC settings on your phone are correct. and if so give vodafone a hard time to sort it.

There latest belief is that it is the sim thats the problem but that could be another stab in the dark.

New Contributor

Thank you, will try it. From reading other posts about this, sounds like I am in for a long joyless ride

New Contributor
My Carrier: Fido

Text messages - settings - text messages - advanced - need to fill in the fields MMSC and Proxy URL . At least, that worked for me
New Contributor

Thanks Gregory. Vodafone told me to leave PROXY URL blank. What should I put in here? Thanks.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Fido

Hi , I'm not sure exactly what you should try for your carrier (I'm on Fido in Canada).    I used the settings from this website:   http://www.unlockit.co.nz/mobilesettings/

Hope that does the trick for you.