Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Z10 Charging issues

I had one charging issue on my second day of owning the Z10. None since. 16 days and counting
New Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

I posted earlier in this thread that my Z10 was exhibiting the same problem.  However, since my initial post my phone has charged perfectly.  I am not sure if it was a software fix (i.e. the updated os) or if it was my change in charging method.  Initially I would plug my charging cable into my phone and then plug the other end into the outlet.  I would repeatedly do this and my phone would not charge.  Now I leave my cable plugged into the outlet and, when needed, I plug the cable into my phone.  It never fails to spot the charger and begin charging.  Like I said, I am not sure if it was the software update or the order in which I connect my cable, in either case I do not have the problem anymore. 

Jason

P.s.  I love my Z10

Solutions: 6,134
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Jttuck wrote:

I posted earlier in this thread that my Z10 was exhibiting the same problem.  However, since my initial post my phone has charged perfectly.  I am not sure if it was a software fix (i.e. the updated os)

Jason, it's been mentioned a few times that it appears the z10 takes about 7-8 days to sync all the contacts, emails, etc., and after that period of time (for many users) the high battery use appears to settle down.

so, with better charing habits and the new software update, all that together, you should expect better battery usage.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

RachelMoore wrote:

Hi, 

I started this thread and I,very had problems since day 1 with the Z10. I've. Now contacted Orange and they're replacing the charger today. I'll update once I've tried it.

Did the new charger work?

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Orange

Hi,

The new charger is no different to previous, I have started following a tip from a previous post and connecting the charger to the phone first and then plugging into wall socket. I'm still checking to make sure that the charger indicator has come on. I don't have any problems with PlayBook charger. It seems to fit the charger socket better.I'm beginning. To wonder if it's a cheap used lead.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Telus

After the first encounter when charging I always ensure the connector is seated into the phone before connecting to the wall socket.

RachelMoore, there are new OEM Z10 chargers with greater output & charging than the older BBOS device chargers.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

Update to my battery discharge problem.

It appears to have been resolved with one of the os updates of late. I received the replacement phone from Rogers last Thursday but was so busy with extended work days that I didn't have a chance to set it up until Tuesday. But then I realized the battery drain hadn't happened in almost 5 days when it was happening every couple of days. And the only change was the os update. I decided to switch back to the original Z10. It continues to charge without problem so yesterday, I returned the new handset back to Rogers.

I hope I made the right decision to stick with the first handset. I considered keeping the new one but, I know this sounds silly, but after using and occasionally cursing the first one, it felt like "mine" :smileyhappy: I also noticed the back cover of the new handset did not fit nearly as tightly as the old handset. There was a noticeable gap at the bottom seam.

So, in conclusion, I don't know for sure it was an os issue that was causing the battery drain but it would possibly explain why battery pull, wiping and using different chargers didn't work.

You'll be fine. Good luck.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

i turn off my phone to charge.  however once i plug it in it turns itself on automatically.  anyone else having this issue?