Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

JSanders
Solutions: 5,950
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Z10 Charging issues

Out of curiosity why are you turning it off to charge?

There is no need to do that.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

I have had a few instances where when connecting the charger the lightning bolt does not appear. If I disconnect and reconnect the lightning bolt appears. This can happen one time out of maybe fifty or more.

I think it has something to do with more of the phone's internal software responding to the charge connection to allow the battery management to charge the phone battery.

Maybe some other people reading this had the same type of incident?

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
titaniumedge
My Device: Torch 9810

I just got my Z10 yesterday and I woke up this morning to find that I only had about a 70% charge. I'm using a PlayBook rapid charger tonight and I'll see if that works. I really hope blackberry figures this out soon or the would be adopters will definitely not give them another chance. This is not how you make a Flagship phone and with all the delays that they made to make BB10 "perfect " this seems like a really big oversight. I'm very excited to have a Z10 but if the charging issues continue I can't afford to be a blackberry supporter if I can't stay in touch with my customers
Please use plain text.
JSanders

titaniumedge wrote:
I just got my Z10 yesterday and I woke up this morning to find that I only had about a 70% charge.

Your Z10 will use much data and therefore battery in the initial 72 hours, as it syncs data, email, links contacts, etc. It will take a good 4-5 days for your battery use to level out.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
abjames
My Device: Z10

I'm having similar problems. How long should it take to recharge a battery? How come sometimes it appears to be fully charged but the lightning bolt continues to flash and never stops?

--
Andrea James
Please use plain text.
JSanders

An hour to an hour and half according to power on your charger.

Sometimes the on device battery meter will only see 98-99% charge, and think it is never fully charged.

When it is like that, I have unplugged the charger for a second from the Z10, plugged in again and it hits 100% pretty quickly.

Try it.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Macduff
My Device: Z10

Have the same issue with my Z10. I can leave it all night and it'll still be showing the lightning bolt. Remove and re-insert the charger and it'll got to 100% after 10-30 mins

We're trialling them at work and so far I don't see much about the Z10 that would make me choose it over an Android phone

Please use plain text.
JSanders

99% and 100% are virtually the same when you speak of an on-device software battery meter calculating the power level based on the battery power outbut at any given time.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Mine cycles between 100 and 99% while on the charger. It appears to be by design.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
titaniumedge
My Device: Torch 9810

I really hope that they take the time to address the battery issues in the next OS update. I can't even come close to getting through the day on a single charge and I can't just plug it in whenever I need to being on different job sites all the time. It also seems ridiculous that the charger they send with the phone doesn't work the best with the Z10. I'm just glad I had bought a broken PlayBook so I have to rapid charger.
Please use plain text.