Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Muxlow
My Device: Z10

Z10 Contact List Delete

So!

Iv noitced that when you select more then 10 contacts from your contact list to delete them it gets really slow. I selected 50 contacts (all were the same contact that blackberry imported from facebook and made 72 compies of) And once i got to 50 (took about 3 mins of slecting each contact due to it slowing down) and after 12 mins it delete them.

Is there a way to delete everything from the contact list? It will take me the better part of a day to delete all the contact by hand since there is about 500 and something due to them getting programed in 72 times each or so... Just wanting to delete the entire contact list and manualy add the ones i want in. Id rather not do a phone reset but that seems to be the only option so far. Trying to use the voice command while in the car is impossible since it wants me to select 1 of 133 patricks and never gets the one i want

Any help would be fantastic on this :smileyhappy:

Muxlow
New Contributor
Muxlow

Re: Z10 Contact List Delete

Anyone els have this problem?

Muxlow
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Those usually come in from some service like Facebook, Twitter, etc. Have you tried logging out of those services or turning off the address book sync for them?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
funcourt
My Device: Z10 and Playbook

I would like to delete all those excessive contacts too.  How do you turn off the address book sync from Facebook?

Thank you :smileyhappy:

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Try going to Settings >Accounts >Facebook and disable "Find Friends." I'm not sure if it will remove the Facebook contacts or not though...I haven't tried it. If that doesn't work, try logging out.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
Muxlow

I already had find friends off. Logged out and that didnt change it

No idea why facebook put the same person in 72 times!

Takes forever to scroll thru the contact list and even longer to delete them

Guess there isnt a way to delete all contacts from your phone book and start over..

Muxlow
Guru I
John_Clark

Not that I know of.
New Contributor
Muxlow

Perhaps with the first update it could be a fix in there.

Toobad that Blackberry Link couldnt access it and remove the contact list

Muxlow
Guru I
John_Clark

I hope that comes back, as well. It's never been an option on the Playbook either.
Contributor
dominique_z10
My Device: z10

I'd also like to know how to remove all my facebook contacts from my contact list, it's pretty ennoying. And i would also like to know where i can find my PIN code. And why some applications i had on the Torch are not available now (whatsapp, shazam, koora...). and how can i select something on a Web page (like a phone number for example) and copy it somewhere....,i am really disappointed...