Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Z10 Contact List Delete

You'll need to remove the facebook account from your device. Settings >Accounts.

Find your PIN in Settings >About >Hardware
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
funcourt
My Device: Z10 and Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

By removing the facebook accout, does that just delete the contacts or will it also remove facebook as an app?  I think we want to still be able to check facebook but we don't want all those "friends"  :smileywink: in our contact list.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

It removes the contacts and signs out of Facebook. Doesn't delete it. You might try logging back in and disable the friends finder. I haven't tried that though.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

John_Clark wrote:

Find your PIN in Settings >About >Hardware

or type "mypin" without the quotes and hit space anywhere in a text field (except texts right now) and your pin will show up

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dominique_z10
My Device: z10
My Carrier: bell

By removing facebook in settings->account, it does remove Facebook contacts from contact list but it does also disappear from bberry Hub... not a very good idea according to me... for the pin code, i don't know if it's different in english but i swear to God that it's absolutely nowhere in settings, etc. Another problem, i received à message saying that i could update bberry world. I've been trying to do it but it's nowhere in all applications... do i have to do it from BlackBerry Link??? 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dominique_z10

By removing facebook in settings->account, it does remove Facebook contacts from contact list but it does also disappear from bberry Hub... not a very good idea according to me... for the pin code, i don't know if it's different in english but i swear to God that it's absolutely nowhere in settings, etc. Another problem, i received à message saying that i could update bberry world. I've been trying to do it but it's nowhere in all applications... do i have to do it from BlackBerry Link??? 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

I suggested you logout and then log back in but disable the friend finder in Facebook. I don't know if that works or not, though.

Go to the home screen and swipe down from the top.

Touch on Settings

Touch on About

Touch on the box for Categories

Select "Hardware."

PIN is listed.

Where did you receive the message to update BB World?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dominique_z10

I forgot to say that my phone was in french. I managed to find my PIN code by logging to bberry Messenger. I also disabled thé friend finder for my facebook problems but it doesn't change anything. For thé applications, i am not asking for something new, just stuff that i used to have on my old phone. When you get à new one, you expectative things to work as well, if not better. All i got since i changed my phone is problems, spent 2h30 with BlackBerry support today only to try transfering thé data from Torch to z10...
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

ONLY disabling the Friend finder will not remove the Facebook friends in the contact list. You MUST logout to remove the friends.

I was suggesting you logout to remove the friends, then logback in but don't enable the friend finder and see if that prevents the friends from being loaded in the first place. Again, I haven't tried that personally, it's merely a suggestion. Beyond that I know of no way to remove them from your contact list.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dominique_z10

I received thé bberry world update message about 15min ago
Please use plain text.