Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10

Z10 Contact Management

I've got a Z10, with Software Release 10.0.10.116, and am a Newbie on this forum.  My Z10 replaces an old iPhone.  At the AT&T store, the tech copied all of my contacts over from iPhone to Z10, but the transfer program was far less than perfect.  It cut off the ends of some contact records, mislabeled "home" vs. "office" vs. "cell" phone numbers, etc.  Rather than laboriously editing all of my contacts on the Z10, I'd like to upload them to a desktop or laptop, do all of my editing, then reverse the process to re-install contacts on the Z10.  I think I'd like to do this with Outlook, as the Contact app within Outlook is pretty flexible. Can someone help me do this?  Is Outlook the easiest tool to use for this job?  Related question:  When I do a backup through BB Link, where are the contacts stored?

Thanks in advance for advice. // Steve

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Q10, Z10, PlayBook 32

Re: Z10 Contact Management

BlackBerry has a great page to transfer from iPhone to BlackBerry.

http://us.blackberry.com/support/transferring-to-bb10-device/personal.html

Twitter: @sheldonbk
New Contributor
My Device: Z10

thanks for the reply.  I'm sure I'll learn something from that page.  But I've already transferred contacts from the iPhone to the Z10, and now what I want to do is edit them and then copy the edited ones back to the Z10 without any duplicates.

Contributor
My Device: Dev Alpha B
My Carrier: Unlocked

Does BB10 support syncing from Google Contacts ?
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Q10, Z10, PlayBook 32

Yes, most people who don't have Microsoft Exchange or 365 use either Outlook.Com or Gmail sync.  Both are supported and I've used both. For a reason that I can't recall, people seem to say that Outlook.com works better.

I don't know about continuous syncing from Apple's cloud but I believe that it's not supported and just a one time transfer/sync.

Twitter: @sheldonbk