Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
AlaBerry
My Device: Z10

Z10 Contact Name Sorting

Have contact names in Z10 contact list imported from Torch 9850.

In 9850 they were listed last name then first name.

Sort order was by last name then first name, ascending.

In Z10 I can only get display by first name last name.

Is there a way to display contacts last name first name.?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Z10 Contact Name Sorting

You can sort by last name but it still lists the contacts first name and then last name.

In the Contacts app, swipe down from the top and go to Settings. You can change the sort order there.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jan1208

Have the same problem. I would say every normal person in the world would display contacts by last name, first name. The fact that on the Z10 you can sort by last name, but not list by last name, makes finding a contact extremely difficult (at the end I always have to use the search function, which is time consuming). For a business user (where contacts primarily go by last name) this is a substantial loss of functionaitly, as with my BB 9800 it was obviously possible to display by last name. Hard to understand for a device/brand that is targeted to servce business users. Is there any workaround, or can we at least hope for a fix in any upcoming firmware update?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
AlaBerry

Yes it does make you wonder if the designers really understood business needs. As a result of the contact listing blunder and the disgusting speed dial blunder (cannot assign numbers therefore cannot use car number pad to quick dial so you are forced to pick up the phone) I have returnwx to old faithful 9850 & put the Z in a drawer waiting for software improvements. I don't hear rumors that anything significant is gonna change so I will probably put it eBay. Looks like there are others that have the same opinion since I see new OS7 phones are coming out.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
peremen

This is a big problem for some parts of world, where people write names in last/first order in general. In my sense, the name order is flipped and simply unacceptable. I have searched here and there, and only found posts with "not working".

Please use plain text.