Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Outrun
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Z10 Contact problem

My contacts seem to be controlled by BBM. Each of my BBM contacts is listed in my phone by their BBM name they have chosen. Even after unlinking and linking them again, the issue persists, and the voice command program won't recognize their names as contacts. HELP?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Z10 Contact problem

If you open contacts, swipe from the top, select settings. turn off BBM contacts with slider off, does that resolve your issue.  I turned off all my contacts like facebook, twitter, linkedin .. I use the app to communicate with the contacts within the app. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Outrun

Doesn't fix it...thanks for trying, though.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen

Now that you have turned off bbm contacts in your contacts list and saved it,  can you try a reboot see if the OS needs a refresh to re-associate your contacts list.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Outrun

When I say it doesn't fix it, I mean I have tried this already, tried the restart, tried the Battery Pull...
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen

Maybe someone else  from the forum who has experienced this can shed some light on your issue. Was it like this from day 1.. Were your contacts transfered from your old BB to z10? . You might want to do a system restore to factory OS and do a switch device again from your old BB phone.. Sorry just trying to help.. good luck.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Outrun

Yes, contacts transferred from BB9900. I think the hierarchy was to put BBM as the first type of contact. But even after unlinking and re-linking, I still have issues, such as voice control not recognizing the contact. You're right, I may have to system reset and start over, figuring BlackBerry Link must have screwed things up.
Please use plain text.