Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 | OS 10.2.1
My Carrier: GrameenPhone

Z10 Contacts duplicating

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I've been using Z10 for about 2 months now and the most annoying thing I've come across is the contacts being duplicated. It seems that Z10 likes to store contact to a number of places such as Google contacts, SIM, Phone and etc. 

Every now and then, the Z10 gets bored and to amuse itself it says "Heyy! Lets duplicate the contacts so that my owner has a hard time finding the right number to make a call."

Does anyone know how to minimize this "smart move" of Z10? What I want is for the Z10 to sync contacts only to Google contacts.

Have a good day!

My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Z10 Contacts duplicating

Well, go into the Contacts area (from the Contacts icon)... Swipe down from the top to bring up the Application Menu (which has Help and Settings).

Go into Settings and you should see all of the Accounts that are synced. Turn off any account contacts you don't want except Google, which you should see there as well...

Contributor

I actually tried that but what happened is, Z10 has stored all contacts in different places. Some are in Google contacts, some are in local phonebook and some are in the SIM. If I try to delete either one of them, it completely removes that particular contact from everywhere.

My Device: Z10, Bold 9900
My Carrier: Smartone

You would have to first Unlink the one you would like to delete and then just delete the unlinked one.
Contributor

I did. Unlinked all and then deleted the ones I didn't need, later found out that the one I needed is missing as well. I know it sounds weird, and actually it is.
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell Aliant

I had the same problem on the 10.0 version software.. What worked for me was to delete all my contacts on the Simm Card , as the phone was reading both the local contacts, as well as the simm card contacts at the same time, causing duplicates of every contact.. Deleting them off the simm card fixed my problem.

By the way, that problem was fixed in version 10.1 of the new software.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10 + PlayBook
My Carrier: Telus

Mine seems to be primarily copying from my primary personal email (an Office 365 Exchange) to my work email (also an Exchange), although at least it isn't syncing them up to my work server. The criteria seems to be when there is more than one email (e.g. one from Facebook, one from LinkedIn) since it is typically just one email address that is put over as a second contact in my work account.

I've manually linked the entire list several times but they just come back. I tried deleting all contacts and starting over. I tried using Contact X to merge, which sometimes gets some but then they come back later. I haven't tried a full wipe and upgrade to a leaked OS, as some on the CrackBerry forums seem to think should work as long as you don't restore, but I'm hoping that there is a better option.