Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10

Z10 Contacts syced with Microsoft Exchange Online keep disappearing.

I have Z10 contacts downlouded from my Microsoft Exchange Online email / contacts account using exchange account sync.  Every couple of days (sometimes less), the contacts disappear and I have to turn of the sync contact switch in the Email Account settings, then turn it back on so it starts downloading again.  The contacts from Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin are not lost and seem stable.

The download process of the contacts from the Exchange server of course takes a few hours and in the process it causes a massive battery drain.

I tried to do a security wipe and reinstall all fresh but the same happens again.

Is anyone else having the same problem and is there a fix? 

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Z10 Contacts syced with Microsoft Exchange Online keep disappearing.

Start with this.

In outlook Make a new folder for contacts called backup

move all contacts to the folder and wait for all to be removed from device

then pull battery on device and put back in

After device boots move contacts from backup to the contacts folder and wait for them all to appear

this can fix a corrupted contact just by moving them to a new folder

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

Thanks. I will try this tomorrow and report if this fixes the problem
Contributor

Knottyrope: I tried your suggested solution and it did not work. Contacts lost sync with MS Exchange and all were gone again. I should say I was on the leaked OS 10.1.0.1762 which is a great improvement if not for this problem. I am now back on the official OS 10.0.1.90 which seems to be stable for the past 12 hours.