Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: vivo

Z10 Contacts with Field: Pager

Hi there,

I have imported my contacts from Gmail, but cannot call anyone with a number marked Pager !!!

Can anybody help me please.

Thank you

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Z10 Contacts with Field: Pager

There is another post on this in this forum. I believe the outcome was that the pager field is currently non - functional, you'll need to change it to use a different field until it is fixed in a software update.
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: vivo

Thank you very much, but I can't change the field!!!
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Just tested it, looks like you'll need to add a new field and copy the number to a new field, 'other' may be a good option for now.

Or maybe you can change the field in Gmail more easily?
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Just got off the phone from BB support (40 minute wait) - the pager function is no longer functional with the Q10 and Z10, unlike earlier BB phones. 

As stated in previous post you would have to store the pager number as "Other phone number."  Not ideal, but at least functional.  The BB technical support person said that he saw an internal  RIM/BB document stating that the pager entry in the contacts would likely be made active with a BB software update, ? Slotted for this month... I suppose we will have to stay tuned.

Another pager related issue:  With my previous BB 9650, I was able to store a pager number, insert a pause with the letter "p" and then follow this contact entry with the call back number, typically my cell number. This allowed one keystroke paging. 

On the Q10 is looks like the comma "," is the "insert pause" equivalent, but one has to "touch" the dial virtual key on the screen to proceed with to the call back number.  Any way around this situation?