Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9810
My Carrier: MTN Nigeria

Z10 Data Connection doesn't switch back from Wifi to GSM (3G or EDGE or GPRS)

I have noticed for the two days that i have had my Z10, after prolonged use fo the Z10 on Wifi network at home, when i leave the house in the morning for the office, the Z10 doesnt automatically switch back to the GSM data networks (ie. 3G or EDGE or GPRS). Once i do a battery pull and re-boot the device; the Z10 automatically connects to the GSM data network and all services start operating normally. 

This has happened on two consecutive days and both days the same solution solved the problem. A friend of mine who bought the Z10 also faced the same problem today and i helped him solve the problem by asking him to do a Battery Pull.

Now i have decided to leave the phone permanently on the GSM data network. 

Please let me konw if there is any setting that i need to change to prevent this!

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Etisalat

Re: Z10 Data Connection doesn't switch back from Wifi to GSM (3G or EDGE or GPRS)

I have suffer the same according to my service provider we need to wait for the next update to solve the problem
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9810
My Carrier: MTN Nigeria

Re: Z10 Data Connection doesn't switch back from Wifi to GSM (3G or EDGE or GPRS)

Fantasy thank you for response. I wonder if someone from BlackBerry is actually working on solving this. Another Z10 user said he was able to avoid the battery pull by just turning wifi off when he went out of wifi coverage. I haven't personally tried this solution though.