Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
orangekeeper
My Device: z10
My Carrier: TMUK

Re: Z10 Data Use

That's quite a burst considering I haven't used that amount in over 3 hours! I have the Ebay app, but none of the others.

One of the guys sitting next to me tells me there's a feature on BB travel called Trip Planning that seems to eat up his battery and data usage.. The guide for BB Travel explains a little about what it is and how to turn it off...
 It might be worth a try to see if you notice an improvement?

Turn off automatic trip syncing
The BlackBerry Travel app includes features designed to help keep your travel plans in sync. Automatic trip scanning can scan your Messages application, and export all supported travel email messages to the BlackBerry Travel app. Calendar sync can export your travel itinerary to the calendar application on your computer as the itinerary is updated.
On the BlackBerry Travel home screen, press the Menu key > Settings.•
To turn off automatic trip scanning, change the Automatic Trip Scanning field to Off.•
To turn off calendar sync, beside Calendar Sync settings, click Open. Change the Activate Calendar Sync field to No.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
KevinSlegg
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: EE (Everything Everywhere)

Thanks

I'll think what I do is see if I get similar data bursts over the weekend - if I do I'll turn each of those parts of BB Travel off seperately and leave it a monitor over a day to see if the data burst continue.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
KevinSlegg

Hmmm....doesn't look like BlackBerry Travel is going to be the culprit.

I only downloaded that on or about 22 March 2013 - but looking at the data usage for that month the 'data spikes' appear to start on 5 March (it could be before then but I can't get the usage for February).

Please use plain text.
Contributor
KevinSlegg

[ Edited ]

Well I didn't get any data burst on Saturday (I left the phone off on Sunday) or this morning on the way in.

Bizzarely on Saturday the text link on EE was indicating that I had used a total of 18MB - but when I checked this morning it was saying I had used just 1MB!? However, on checking via the website when I got into the office the Thursday and Friday useage was still be shown.

I guess its just a case of monitor and wait and see, although my current hunch is that maybe its Exchange that is causing the issue (we use the 2010 version at work).

Please use plain text.
TasneemVally
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: Vodacom SP

i have been using my Z10 for over a month,

the first month was just about 1 week, so data usagearound 14MB

my last month bill was shocking! over 4000MB of data!

i cant believe this as my main usage is 5 email accounts, with my BB9790 i hardly used any Data.

even after switching the email accounts to download manual, they kept streaming in!

automatic download of attachments has always been off, so im just gob smacked!!!!

i ditched the Z10 and went back to my 9790,

went to Vodacom SP to lay a complaint, i think this is ridiculous. 

the store workers agreed that it is hectic, they said the only way my account could be so high is with VIDEO STREAMING! which i dont even know how to do.

apps which i have installed: banking app and light torch

this phone is pathetic, i waited 6 months for this phone and now i would warn anyone i can to rather choose a phone you know.

Please use plain text.