Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

stevey5036
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Accepted Solution

Z10 - Deleted emails take a long time to reconcile with Outlook

Hi all,

I have a client that is using a Z10 with a BES10 server that is integrated with Exchange and AD. He states that when he deletes emails from the phone, it takes upwards of fifteen minutes for the changes to show up in Outlook. Is there some kind of setting that needs to be adjusted on the BES to have the phone reconcile faster with the BES?

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
DigitalFrog
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Z10 - Deleted emails take a long time to reconcile with Outlook

[ Edited ]

BlackBerry has always used a prioritized system for handling the data more efficiently and reduce data charges.  I know in BES5, small changes like unread marks, etc. are ususally bundled and send back as a group rather than immediately.  If I remember correctly, the default interval was 20 min for it to commit anything that had not been able to bundle up and send by then.  Another factor that can affect performance is the size of the inbox.  If the person keeps a large amount of mail in their Inbox folder, that makes the searches to find the matching affected docs take longer.  Also, is it possible that the changes were sent back to Exchange, but that it's the Outlook client that is responisble for the delay in updating?

posted by DigitalFrog