Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
kalevi
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EMT
Accepted Solution

Z10 Device PIN Locked IMEI XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hi,

I have followed posts from other users and Im glad that someone got his problem fixed.

But the issue is that I'm living in Estonia, country what is not officially supported by Blackberry. I buyed my phone from Germany, inserted my old Blackberry Bold 9900 SIM card into new one (ofcourse I had to make sim smaller, otherwise it doesnt fit) and had oportunity to use my phone for 2 days. Then in the middle of the day I had message on display: Device PIN blocked.. Emergency calls only. I still had opportunity to receive calls, but I dont have any access to phone itself. I called to Blackberry support (US number) and all they could say was I need to go back to Germany from I buyed my phone and get an replacement unit and it took 45 minutes. First 10 minutes I waited on line and pressed buttons 1-4. All this because this is Blackberry procedure. Well, currently Im in France and will be going back to Estonia on Saturday and Im using my old phone BB 9900, also tested with my first Blackberry Storm phone - works. Im not buying plane ticket to Germany to get my phone fixed. I better buy zippo and petrol to burn this piece of.. and later maybe buy an iPhone.

I like Blackberry but this kind of support is not acceptable. I sent e-mail help@blackberry.com on Friday and still no response from them. I hope someone will read this post and will contact me, I can send all receipt information and IMEI / PIN numbers if necessary.

K.K.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Z10 Device PIN Locked IMEI XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please see this "sticky" post, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed:

Hopefully, this information will be of use to you.

Cheers, and Good Luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kalevi

Thank you for replying.
All I see is if I travel a lot, then my device gets blocked and only way to open it is to wait.. wait.. and wait. Pay 49 USD and spend money for expensive calls and still there is a chance for no resolution. Most valuable thing for me is time, what I have spent for calling US and searching solution online.

Im staying in France currently and I'm attending on Dell storage training and left my phone for tech guys to figure problem out. Their resolution was that this is Blackberry issue and they have more phones with same problem. Also they have waited more than month to get things resolved.
My options are limited, I cant wait. Tomorrow I will send my phone back to Germany and hopefully will get refund. Next thing Im doing is to buy new phone - definetly not Blackberry anymore, it's risky, I dont want to keep spare phone with me just for precaution if Blackberry fails again. It's sad, I have used BB phones last 5 years and now I dont have even chance to proof that Im not quilty for stealing that phone like Blackberry claims.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

The user in this thread posted his solution.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kalevi

Thank you for being interested in this case. I have already e-mailed help@blackberry.com several messages, I haven't received any replies. Today I called them and after 45 minutes didn't get any smarter. Guy repeatedly told that I need to contact my carrier. My carrier is EMT (Estonian) and they are not dealing with Blackberries. Somehow I managed to explain them that and Blackberry representative then offered me solution to write help@blackberry.com :/
I also mentioned that I already did that on Friday and today is Monday. After arguing hes last words were - go back to store where you bought it. Sometimes I wonder how stupid people can be, including myself, still wasting time to resolve this issue.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

When you re-read the link(s) I gave you earlier, you will find that very often it is a challenge to determine which entity is responsible for support of any issues, especially when the device is purchased from a source other than the carrier. But, BlackBerry is NEVER (unless you pay) the first stop on your path for formal support on ANY issues. This is the formal support model as it is, and we can't do anything to change it...all we can do is try to help you figure your path through that formal support channel.

Further, when you re-read those links I gave you, you will discover that you are chatting here not with any formal representatives of any entities involved in your situation...rather, you are chatting with other users who volunteer their equally precious time here on this site to try and help others out as best they can.

I hope that the entities that you are formally dealing with will be able to help you find a solution that is acceptable to you, and replacement with a non-BB device is certainly a viable path for you to consider.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
JSanders

kalevi, in addition, I posted a link to a user who resolved the issue with his instruction.

Try reading it.

BlackBerry does not provide support in these forums nor by email.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kalevi

Tomorrow morning, I will call this number  (877) 255-2377 and give it last try.

I will let you know how it goes.
Also I'm aware that you volounteered and this is not official support site. I appreciate your work.

K.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

You're not going to try the solution another user posted, the link above?

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kalevi

I have tried. Called already to US support number. They recommended me to go back Germany from where I buyied the phone. Its not reasonable for me.

Please use plain text.