Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Visitor
Amorak1
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Z10 Email time stamp

This problem with Z10 email time stamps being received as UTC time is not only related to Outlook. I use Mozilla Thunderbird with multiple IMAP accounts. I do not use POP accounts. I own the domains and my email accounts and they are variously hosted on HostGator, GoDaddy and everyone.net. I have all email accounts set up on my Z10 and in Thunderbird.

When composing and sending emails on  my Z10, all email accounts send the UTC time stamp to all the other accounts, except when received on the Z10. In Thunderbird, they're all wrong. None of my previous BlackBerrys had this problem (Torch, Tour, Storm, 8830, etc.)

This is a business issue for me, not a simple inconvenience. It makes me look like I don't know how to set up my Z10 when, in fact, BlackBerry doesn't know how to fix the problem.

I love the Z10 but I will switch within the month if this isn't fixed. This is a BlackBerry problem, not a server problem. It's a new problem that previous BB generations did not have. It's time to fix this.

New Contributor
mcraven
My Device: Z10

OK...

I loaded the leaked 10.1.0.1429 build onto my Z10 this AM.

With this version of the OS, I'm now seeing the correct format for the timestamp. See below.

X-Mailer: BlackBerry Email (10.1.0.1429)
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 12:50:49 -0400

I guess others will have to either load the leak or wait for providers to push out the next round of updates. Either way, BB seems to have been listening and, while stupidly slow in coming, there appears to be a fix in the pipe.

Trusted Contributor
tickerguy
My Device: Z-10

Where'd 'ya get that? :-)

Market Information? Come read The Market Ticker!
New Contributor
mcraven

crackberry.com

Use at own risk.
Trusted Contributor
tickerguy

Understood.  May play with this, may not.

kcommisso
My Device: z10

Ditto. Same problem. Come on BlackBerry get with the program. These are not toys these are our business devices. And how about a blackberry link update that actually installs on windows 7 and allows for syncing outlook contacts and calender! Oy!
Forums Advisor III
drewread

I guess that all of us Rogers customers can only hope that they have skipped testing the patched version of 10.0.0.XXX with the plan to be one of the first to release the much improved 10.1.XXX.XXX version of the software that is in the pipeline.

Personally that will be more valuable to me (but luckily my servers have been able to deal with the mashed linefeeds in the emails without hesitation).

Let's hope it comes soon. :smileyhappy:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
pmarsonia
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I have the same problem. Is there a fix?

Trusted Contributor
tickerguy

It is fixed in the 10.1 loads floating around.  You can also use K9mail which doesn't have the problem.