Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Z10 Email time stamp

I have a new BB Z10......I live in Ontario Canada where the time zone is Eastern time (-5). My BB clock has the correct time. The BB is set to Time Zone (-5) and Auto Update Time Zone is "on" and Set Date and Time Automatically is "on". When I send an email from the BB, the time stamp on the email is correct and matches the clock on the BB. However when the email arrives to the recipient, the time stamp on the email is +5hrs. For example, if I send an email at 2pm, the time stamp when the email is received is 7pm. These same email accounts have no issue on my desktop computer, so the problem is with the BB.

Any suggestions?

Contributor
My Device: Z10

Re: Z10 Email time stamp

I just noticed the same problem ..  Very strange

Visitor
My Device: BB Z10

I can confirm this issue is occurring on 3 Blackberry Z10s here in Ontario Canada.
Forums Advisor III

[ Edited ]

It is interesting because I sent an emali from one of my accounts to an other.

On the z10 the time is correct for both the sent and the received emails. In Outlook the time is +5 hours (my timezone difference.)

EDIT:

Further to that if I check the email on my server, it has the correct timestamp for the server, so it seems to only be incorrect in my outlook client.

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
New Contributor

Hello ... it seems to be an issue in the header being sent by the blackberry.  If you are using Hotmail (and gmail I believe), this is corrected at the server level, so there is no issue.  But if you are using any other email system, it is missing the: -0000 at the end.

See below the difference between to emails BOTH SENT FROM THE Z10, but the below one was corrected by hotmail during send.

Date header in a incorrect email

Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2035 11:45:15

Date header when sent through hotmail

Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2035 11:45:15 -0000

New Contributor
My Device: BBZ10

I have this same issue.

Our office uses Google Docs for hosted email. WE have 10 BBZ10's.

I'm the only one with this problem so it CAN'T be an issued with google, but the device.

Blackberry, whats the fix?

Contributor
My Device: z10

Same problem and it seems to prevent emails leaving my domain, or at least one of the contributing factors. Well blackberry?  

New Contributor

Sorry nothing of value to add here except that I too am having the same issue...

Z10 running 10.0.10.261 on Bell... Mail is gmail syncing via active sync. Z10 has correct time and is showing correct time on outgoing mail in Hub.

Come on BB! Great launch now let's see some updates to fix the issues being found by the community!
New Contributor

Same problem.  Emailing from Sympatico Account on Z10 shows up correctly.  Emailing from work account on Z10 (not through BES--just internet) it shows up as 5 hours in the future.

Contributor

I have the same problem.  I am in Dubai where the time Zone is GMT+4.  The recieved messages are -4 hours or basically GMT time which seems to be the time people from Ontario are getting their recieved messages at.  It seems the time stamp from emails sent by the Z10 is not being read correctly by Outlook and defaults to GMT!!!

Blackberry can we get a fix please?