Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
mcraven
My Device: Z10

Re: Z10 Email time stamp

I've been asking this myself... i know people at BlackBerry that are on the BB10 team... no luck yet but I'm going to push again...

This is ridiculous.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

sionghchan wrote:

Hi all,

Just to add to my previous posting about this particular Email Header Date field issue, one additional bit of info.  I'm actually already on IMAP for ALL my email accounts, so, this isn't a POP issue.

I was wondering if anyone here knows how to raise this issue to Blackberry Support?  I'm a loyal Blackberry support and I'm patient with BB10 as it is a new OS and I'm an early adopter.  However, I need to know that BB Support at least KNOWS about this issue and is currently working on it.

I tried calling Rogers (Canada) support line and they said that they do not support BB OS issues.  They only support hardware issues (e.g. if phone died and I need to replace etc.)  However, when it comes to direct BB Operating System issues/bugs, they are hands off.  They (Rogers) will not even jot down my issue and raise it with BB on behalf of their customer!

BB Support themselves do not provide any direct support and it is a pay by incident support (even if this is a BB OS10 bug).  So, how do you raise this issue with BB so that they are aware of it?

Hi sionghchan,

The IMAP answer was for someone else (the post just before it) :smileywink:

I believe that there was another thread here that mentioned that BB was aware of the date formatting issue, I'll try to dig it up and post a link in this thread.

As to the proper procedure for contacting Blackberry, it is most definately through your carrier. Your carrier has a support team that is specifically trained by Blackberry to deal with the front-line Blackberry issues, if they cannot help you they are supposed to escalate you to Blackberry support. Hardware, software... anything. This is the process.

When you call Rogers make sure you chose the prompts that are Blackberry specific and you will end up talking to Roger's Blackberry support centre. They should all know this process. Sometimes you will get someone that is, for whatever reason, unwilling to transfer the call up to Blackberry's own support team. I usually immediately hang up and try to get an other person on the line that actually knows how to do their job, or ask for their manager. :smileywink:

It also always helps to ask for their first and last names and an incident number. This makes the call a little more official and will motivate them to do their jobs properly. :smileyhappy:

Good luck! :smileyhappy:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
tpetrossi

problem confirmed really frustrating sending to my colleagues in the office.

New Contributor
Harleyrider
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I have raised this issue with Bell Canada  who put me in contact with a 2nd level Blackberry analyst. A ticket number has been created with a link to this forum thread. So, hopefully it will get some attention soon.

New Contributor
sionghchan

[ Edited ]

Thanks drewread for the Rogers Support Process. Much appreciated from this end!

If at all possible, since there are many options available in the Rogers menu system, do you think you can put up a "press 1 then 2 then 3" type quick instructions for everyone to reach the Rogers BB Specific Team?

I think many here would appreciate this info so that we know we can all reach the same team.

Many thanks again for your help!

New Contributor
sionghchan

[ Edited ]

Thank you Harleyrider! This is why I'm part of this BB Community. It is so vibrant and supportive.

Forums Advisor III
drewread

I could, but they change it all the time so it would quickly become redundant. You'll have to listen to the prompts. :smileywink:
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
dnhwrd
My Device: bb z10

Any updates? 

Invalid timestamps have forced me to change my signature message......not good advertising for the NEW and improved Blackberry.

Bungaboy

I spoke todat with both BELL and BlackBerry and neither one can/will give an ETA on the fix.

I can't send email on my BELL sympatico email accounts unless I turn the wi-fi off.

Six weeks and waiting!

Trusted Contributor
tickerguy
My Device: Z-10

The Z-10 is emitting a zone-less date header  which is technically a violation of RFC2822; the server *should* interpret this as GMT (identical to "+0000", but it appears some do not.

Mine does and I didn't notice a problem with it for that reason.  It's definitely wrong however.

Market Information? Come read The Market Ticker!