Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
adrenaline_x
My Device: Iphone 4 - S3 - Z10 - PlayBook - Nexus 7
My Carrier: Super Duper Scooby Doo Network

Re: Z10 Exchange 2003 - 300 MB Data usage in 7 hours

Just a follow up.. the Battery is draining at only 5% and hour currently so i will assume i've fixed it unless i hear otherwise. phone has now been updated to new os.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
adrenaline_x

John_Clark wrote:

adrenaline_x wrote:

1 hour later and the phone is behaving normally for now.  The active sync logs show the problem z10 is function like my device.. It is still on wifi, but i will be putting the sim car in now for the next hour so i can test it.

There were 158 calendar items that were exported from exchange into the pst that were through error messages as they didn't have a start or end date?!?!   Perhaps this is the issue.

So, how does one enter calendar entries with no start or end date?  Also, how would one fix this from the device side only without access to the server? 

The calendar enteries span back to 2003 and if you opened the items it shows the date when they were copied from the pst.  But shows no start date or end date in the list view. 
Assuming you are attached to an exchange server you can archive or delete all your old calendar items.
If your mailbox is corrupt or has issues which are causing the battery drains you will need to involve the server administrator and have them archive all your email, delete your mailbox and then create you a new one.  Then you can update your new mailbox with your future calendar items.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DavidPike
My Device: Torch 9800, Z10
My Carrier: Telus

I'm going to try the new software.  Does the phone track its data usage anywhere?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
plantagoo
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile, vodafone, o2

The Bug seems to be fixed.

I installed 10.0.10.90 with OS version 10.0.10.690 yesterday and activated the exchange account again. So far the Z10 lost ca. 13% battery in about 9 hours (1.4% per hour) in standby. That seems to be ok for me.

The traffic also seems to be ok. I'll check this the next days.

Greetings
Erik

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nyland
My Carrier: Bell

Yes seems like the bug is fixed with the latest upgrade. 10.0.10.85. I had Push set to on for about an hour yesterday afternoon and I have not yet seen any extra traffic on the Bell website where I can read the usage. So thanks for that!
Now I hope that you can have your extra traffic waived. I could after some yelling.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
plantagoo

Uh oh... Just wait a minute. I forgot that I switched off PUSH in my last testing round and forgot to switch it back on.

Now it's on again. I need to test again...

Sorry guys.

Greetings

Erik

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
plantagoo

SORRY FOLKS!

It seems that the bug hasn't been fixed yet. I switched Push back on and the machine sucked through the remaining 20% like a hot knife through butter.

It was on 24% at 9 am - at 11 am I checked and the Z10 was dead aka battery empty.

I can't check the traffic atm since the service is not available.

Sorry again for the false info at the first place.

Greetings

Erik

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nyland
My Carrier: Bell

Yep I was wrong too. 38:12 minutes session and 38:32 MB Usage for having Push set to On for less than an hour.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
adrenaline_x

Just a follow up to all my posts.

The issue is now completely resolved.  THe battery is now lasting all day with an average of 5% drain per hour or lower which means the battery should last 20 hours at that rate, vs the 6 hours it was lasting before.

if you are an exchange 2003 admin i would start by using the log parser studio tool and start parsing your iis logs to identify high hits and syncing for particular users and then troubleshoot from there

Please use plain text.
Contributor
acnst
My Device: Z10 - Bold 9900 - Porsche P'9981
My Carrier: Telekom.de - Vodafone.de

What did you do to fully solve this issue?

Please use plain text.