Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800, Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Z10 Exchange 2003 - 300 MB Data usage in 7 hours

With apologies for shouting, I'd like to reiterate:

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS WITH ONLY POP3 ACCOUNTS.

Z10 is obviously broken.  By publicly ignoring the problem, Blackberry seems to just not care.  Or maybe their disdain is only for retail customers.

Thoren Heins, you know better.  S**t can happen to the best of us;  it's how a company reacts that can make them heroes or bankrupt.  I wouldn't buy your stock today.

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

I also have one Pop3 account setup. In there I have the option "Use push if supported" set to On. I do not have any issues with that account. No extra traffic at all. I do not know if my provider supports Push - does yours? What happens if you change that setting to Off? Try it and let us know.

New Contributor
My Carrier: T-Mobile, vodafone, o2

@John Clark: the problem with iOS was with Exchange 2010 and it's fixed. I'm not aware of any problems iOS has or had with Exchange 2003 (or any other device).

I think we can't compare this.

As said before: This needs to be adressed ASAP - and I'm quite sure that they are working on a fix this minute.

Greetings
Erik
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

I didn't even imply that it is the same issue. I only stated that BlackBerry is not the ONLY one to have an issue with some version of Exchange. It can happen. Hopefully it gets fixed very soon.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: Iphone 4 - S3 - Z10 - PlayBook - Nexus 7
My Carrier: Super Duper Scooby Doo Network

[ Edited ]

Just an update.

In regards to the 500  active sync errors i was getting every few minutes as i posted previously, the errors stopped around 12 am when the ESE online defragmentation started.  While this is great, the active sync logs began going crazy again showing massive activity with this account ( logs showing very high data recorded for hits, ping and syn)  Battery drain on the looked to be 10 to 20% per hour.

Seeing this I used exmerge to archive all email, tasks, calendar and contact info to a pst.   The server  event logs showed a bunch (100 or so)  errors for calendar items that didn't have a start or end time and deleted them from the server..  The existing appointments. The  error was subject "Insert Subject Line" in mailbox user@domainname.com  was deleted. The start time, or both the duration and end time were missing. 

I deleted the users, mailbox, ran the cleanup agent to purge the mailbox, and then used active directory users and computer admin tool to run the exchange task - create mailbox.  After that was setup and mail began flowing to it, i imported the calendar from the archived pst created using exmerge.  I received a bunch of error EXCDO error messages :

excdo  event id 829 An appointment with the subject "Insert Subject was saved to mailbox user@domainname.com. The start time is missing, so the calendaring agent cannot publish the free/busy information for this appointment. To correct this, please delete the appointment and recreate it.

it was preceeded by 

excdo evernt id 8206 : Calendaring agent failed with error code 0x80040229 while saving appointment.

I deleted the Work account on the z10 and deleted the user on the BES 10 (BDS).  I then Recreated the user via BES, assigned the email profile to the account and then proceeded to activate the WORK account (bes enterprise activation) 

The sim card is in his s3 now so i  activated the z10 while on the wifi network that is segregated from the internal network. So far there aren't any active sync 500 errors and emails are arriving at or before they show up in outlook.

Re running the w3svc logs for activesync, iis etc i'm currently seeing the same hits, ping, and syncs for user that was having issues (battery drain, high hits, pings and syncs in the logs) as my account which doe not have any battery drain or sync issues..

I'm going to throw my sim card in it now and see how it behaves on the carrier network.

I coulple of things to note, the user had a few rules in outlook, one which would send any emails addressed to an email address onto another users email address.  

Contributor

1 hour later and the phone is behaving normally for now.  The active sync logs show the problem z10 is function like my device.. It is still on wifi, but i will be putting the sim car in now for the next hour so i can test it.

There were 158 calendar items that were exported from exchange into the pst that were through error messages as they didn't have a start or end date?!?!   Perhaps this is the issue.

Contributor

Another fyi - there is a new OS update available for rogers, telus, and fido... http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-z10-f254/rogers-z10-update-776895/

will continue with current os version to test if all the things i did above are a true fix for exchange 2003 with BES.
Contributor
My Carrier: Bell

Hopefully the 10.0.10.672 update will adress this. Not yet out on Bell though.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

adrenaline_x wrote:

1 hour later and the phone is behaving normally for now.  The active sync logs show the problem z10 is function like my device.. It is still on wifi, but i will be putting the sim car in now for the next hour so i can test it.

There were 158 calendar items that were exported from exchange into the pst that were through error messages as they didn't have a start or end date?!?!   Perhaps this is the issue.

So, how does one enter calendar entries with no start or end date?  Also, how would one fix this from the device side only without access to the server? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Well... at somepoint the troubled phone went crazy again in the logs and have 10 times the syncs as my phone (his was on wifi all night).

battery was on 10% this morning at 10 oclock but had been off the charge for over 12 hours.. Its an improvement for sure.

Updating device to the latest os now.