Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
akshaychadha
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Z10 - Gmail not syncing !!!!

Dear SD,

Thanks for all the info. Have been reading up on this issue throughout BB & Gmail forums. It finally seems to be an issue with Gmail. They have discontinued Active Sync sometime around 5-6 Feb so thats where the problem lies.....

Apparently when you delete emails on your device it doesn't delete them - it just removes the inbox labels, but still remains / shows in the All Mail folder.

For anyone having similar problems - here's what worked for me:

In Gmail settings:

1> Goto Labels and uncheck "SHOW IN IMAP" box for "All Mail"

2> Goto Forwarding and POP/IMAP

In IMAP Settings

Select "Auto Expunge OFF"

Then select "Move the message to the Bin"

This does seem to work for me for the time being - however mails marked as important remain unaffected with this setting and remain / show in the All Mail Folder.

Apparently Contacts sync doesn't work with Google disabling ActiveSync...........

Thanks SD for all your help and info on this. 

Indebted and extremely greatfull to you for not letting me convert the Z10 into a paperweight.

BB should seriously consider more options for customisation for their new OS. The phone is great, but I think the OS has taken a few steps backwards............

Hopefully future upgrades should be hopeful.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

akshaychadha wrote:

Thanks for all the info. Have been reading up on this issue throughout BB & Gmail forums. It finally seems to be an issue with Gmail. They have discontinued Active Sync sometime around 5-6 Feb so thats where the problem lies.....

Yup...but it's not that clean cut...it has (I think) to do with when GMail accounts were created, not a wholesale elimination of ActiveSync (otherwise, I'd not be able to do so after all).

akshaychadha wrote:

Apparently when you delete emails on your device it doesn't delete them - it just removes the inbox labels, but still remains / shows in the All Mail folder. 

That's actually still the case, even via ActiveSync. What we don't know is if it's WAD or not (WAD = Working As Designed).

akshaychadha wrote:

Apparently Contacts sync doesn't work with Google disabling ActiveSync...........

I actually gave up on Google for Contacts and Calendar. I wanted a true end to end (in my case, bi-directional between my Outlook client and my Z10, all OTA), and the challenge on the Outlook client side for Google and Yahoo was just too much for my taste. So I figured out how to get it cleanly integrated into Outlook for Calendar and Contacts via Outlook.com, yet still use GMail for email...there are lots of articles "out there" about the topic, but few with the clean result (inside of the Outlook client) that I was looking for. If that's of interest to you, here's the starting point:

akshaychadha wrote:

BB should seriously consider more options for customisation for their new OS. The phone is great, but I think the OS has taken a few steps backwards............

Hopefully future upgrades should be hopeful.

We are all hoping the same...but it's not quite "right" to compare BB10 to prior...it's truly a revolutionary change, and not an outgrowth from the past. It is unfortunate that some things broke that some folks came to rely on, but BlackBerry has always been responsive to their users needs...never fast enough, of course, but ultimately they get there. We just have to be patient.

Good luck and you are very welcome!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
theninjasquad
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

I'm having this exact same problem and can't seem to find a solution. I could see using your solution to actually delete the emails through the IMAP purge settings, however I don't want to do that. I want to keep them in my archive so the default functionality works great for me. But I also want them marked as read which they are not doing right now. I'll have to try setting it to use ActiveSync, but I feel like with IMAP this should work as default and it's frustrating that it's not.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cloudd07
My Device: Z10 - STM-2
My Carrier: Singtel

I've been having "account information not found -- password required" error lately for both Gmail and Yahoo. The rate for Gmail is about 1x every 2 days.

Please help to fix this. It is getting very very very annoying and disruptive.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

cloudd07 wrote:

I've been having "account information not found -- password required" error lately for both Gmail and Yahoo. The rate for Gmail is about 1x every 2 days.

Please help to fix this. It is getting very very very annoying and disruptive.

Hello,

Please clarify...you've posted this question in the BB10 section of the site, to a thread that clearly states Z10. But, your profile here on the site states your device to be "9900 v7.1.0.523". Resolution for BB10 versus legacy is very very different for most all situations, so knowing your exact device model and such is crucial to providing you with proper assistance.

Please clarify.

Thanks!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cloudd07

I bought Z10 in March this year.
My model is STL100-2, software release 10.1.0.4181
Sorry I am not aware of the device is info stored for support but this is the correct section.
My colleague who's using q10 is also facing the same problem with both yahoo and gmail.
Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK thank you.

BTW -- you control what this site stores as your personal information...it is not updated by anyone but you. You can access it via this link or via the "My Settings" at the top of any page of the site:

https://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile%3Apersonal-info

As for your issue, it's probably already posted above, but I don't feel like scrolling back and reading it for you. Hence, with a strong carrier network signal (e.g., not merely WiFi), I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (step 1 should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive

2) Reboot

• Pre-BB10 Devices ONLY. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes.
  • BB10 Devices. Hold the top button down until the counter reaches zero. Wait for the device to be fully shut down (e.g., nothing at all displayed on the screen, no LED lights, etc.). Hold the top button until the red LED is lit. Wait through the full boot-up process. IF this fails, you can attempt the battery-pull method above, but it is normally NOT recommended unless nothing else works.
  • See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you should try deleting and re-adding your configurations for the affected email accounts. Otherwise, you should contact your mobile service provider for formal support.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cloudd07

Thanks for the reply. I know the way to overcome the missing password. However, my question was that I'm experiencing this once every 2 days since about 2 weeks ago.

I do not wish to have to keep typing my password. Makes me wonder what happened with the previous setting.

I have another gmail that I pulled from another smartphone. Didn't have such issue, so it's unlikely that this is gmail problem.
Thank you
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cloudd07

Ok, this happened again. To my annoyance, I can NOT delete Gmail account after deciding I had enough of this error.

It's exactly like this error: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-z10-f254/cannot-delete-gmail-account-after-restoring-data-82...

Why the unreliability ? This issue had been reported since July from crackberry forum. BTW, I didn't do any wipe and restore on my phone.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

From all you have replied, it appears you have elected to NOT do the steps I recommended. Further, you have elected to NOT seek formal support and somehow feel that posting here as well as on CB can do something about your situation in the formal channels (which is not how formal support works).

Since neither this site nor CB has anything to do with formal support, no one in either location can answer your "why" questions. Someone with access to the various systems that control the processes might be able to investigate, but such people are not available here. Only via formal support can you actually achieve a proper investigation into your issue. But, posting in user-to-user forums is not the process by which to achieve that.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.