Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
gmerlusca
My Device: Z10

Z10-HOw to set in calls to appear the company name - as in previous models

HI,

How's possiblle to change such a nice and useful feature? I don't see during the calls anymore, one future from previous models, the name of the company listed when you issue a call or receive one.

Is any setting to be done or is entirely missing? If is the second choice, I hope to change it very fast in the new software update.

Thanks for helping on this!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

Re: Z10-HOw to set in calls to appear the company name - as in previous models

In the contacts list, make sure the first line of the name field has the company name. Then if desired, on the second line of the name field put any other type of name or description you want.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
gmerlusca
My Device: Z10

Re: Z10-HOw to set in calls to appear the company name - as in previous models

In the adding contacts screen you have 3 fields related with:
1st - First Name
2nd-Last Name
3rd- Company Name
You mean to add in the First Name field the company denomination instead of the person name and not in the field of the company name?
Idea it was to fulfill the fields normally, and to have the possibility to set to be shown the company name when a call is issued or received as in the previous models.
What should I do? To change all contacts structure, as I have more than 1k?
No chance! Maybe easier I'll change the phone.
Anyway, it will be a lot appreciated if they will keep this feature as in the previous models.
Thanks!
Please use plain text.