Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
GemW
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE

Z10 - Hub Management Settings

I have my Hub Management Settings set up with some items selected as not to be included on the main view of the Hub ie they are shown as 'OFF' - however I can still see them on my main view.   How can I sort this and only show the items I want to see?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,902
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Z10 - Hub Management Settings

Are they past items, not new messages coming in, that you see in the accounts you've check to not show?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GemW

Hi, it is the main headers that I was trying to hide - unless I have misunderstood what the phrase "Change the items that are included in the main view of the hub" means.  I read this as meaning that if you had BBM turned of OFF then the BBM item (and any mesages relating to it) would not show at all in the main Hub view and only those that you chsoe to show (ON) would be listed.  

From your quesiotn below, I have perhaps misunderstood what that phrase meant as your question suggests that it only includes the notifications of the items that are turned to ON.  Is that right? If this is right, it would be better to have it as the top option so there are not as many items in the main hub view and you won't need to scroll down to see the calls and voicemails etc.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sparkygme
My Device: z10
My Carrier: O2

I had same problem. I found that once I changed the settings if I rebooted the phone the changes worked. Hope this helps
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GemW

Thanks for the suggestion - I've just tried that and it still has the full list on the main hub view.... :smileysurprised:(

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Sparkygme wrote:
I had same problem. I found that once I changed the settings if I rebooted the phone the changes worked. Hope this helps

This  ^^ and alternatively you might try only a "Hub refresh": With the Hub open, from the top left corner, swipe from the top left bezel to the center of the screen FIVE times in a row. Your screen will go black for a second and then display Preparing BlackBerry Hub" and finally refresh the screen (hopefully without those disabled notifictions).

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GemW

Thanks - I've tried both of these things - after the reboot I had the Preparing Blackberry Hub screen, but it is just as it was before with all the Headers showing.   I also tried the Hub Refresh, but could not get the 5 swipe thing to work....

I am right with what I am expecting to see aren't I with only the Headers for my email accounts, texts and calls showing (these are the only ones turned to ON at the moment) and there should be no mention of the others.  (I am talking about the hub screen with the black background)?

Please use plain text.
JSanders

[ Edited ]

GemW wrote:

I am right with what I am expecting to see aren't I with only the Headers for my email accounts, texts and calls showing (these are the only ones turned to ON at the moment) and there should be no mention of the others.  (I am talking about the hub screen with the black background)?

Your Hub will still show these accounts and notifications (in the black background LEFT panel).

However the main 'Hub' message (white background) listing view will not show these items if they are disabled.

You can select for instance only your FB tab and view those FB messages, but they will not show in the main window.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GemW

Ok, thanks J - I was expecting the wrong outcome from those settings then.   It would be useful to be able to turn the ones on the 'black' hub screen on and off as well to reduce the amount shown on that screen if you want to.

Thanks for your help.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

You would need to log out of those accounts completely on your Z10. That is my understanding.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.