Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
xadium
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Z10 IMAP Old Messages

Hi

When setting up IMAP on the Z10 it gives you the option to set the initial timespan for messages to retrieve, the maximum is 30 days.  I can't see how I can go into the Inbox (or any other mail folder) and scroll past that initial 30 day download.  When you get to the bottom of the list of messages it just stops.  You can't pull beyond, there doesn't appear to be a 'Load more...' functon or anything.  How can I see older messages?  My life began before 2013!

Thanks.

New Contributor
Monksey
My Device: Z10

Re: Z10 IMAP Old Messages

I have this problem also for gmail! What a joke this cant be. I can't even search email older than the 30 days. So far a lot of bugs
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I haven't found any kind of search or capability for anything beyond 30 days.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
JoeShlabotnick

This is a real show-stopper for me. If I can't access my older emails then this Z10 is getting returned.
Contributor
d3rd
My Device: z10

BlackBerry has to make this issue a TOP Priority. I don't care about having it on device, but I need to be able to search the server
New Contributor
wytey
My Device: BBZ10

[ Edited ]

thank god for this thread, I was going nuts!

the person who thought limiting it to 30 max is a <inappropriate content Removed>

is there a third party email client that *works* properly?

Edited content to comply withCommunity GuidelinesandTerms and Conditions of Use.

New Contributor
flutiju

I agree. They can disappear of the main folder / hub if they want, but I should be able to see them when I browse the IMAP folders…

I'm so disappointed…

Contributor
OmniT
My Device: 9650

[ Edited ]

If you are using a Microsoft Exchange email server or any system/server that supports Exchange ActiveSync protocol (for example, Outlook.com), there is a "remote search" feature where you can search for messages older than the current "sync horizon". (Currently maximum 30 days) I don't believe that feature exists for IMAP accounts at the present time.

Blackberry has acknowledged this issue (according to what I saw, via a twitter dialogue) and I believe they are looking into offering a longer option as a future update.

As another alternative, there is an official port of the open-source Android K-9 email client in Blackberry World. The Android copy I have here, on an IMAP account, doesn't use a "date" history mechanism, you can set a "number of messages to display" anywhere from 10 to 1000. There is a button labeled "Load up to X more", where "X" is your display quantity. If you configure the account to display 1000 messages, that button is labeled "Load up to 1000 more". I don't know if you can just keep hitting that button indefinitely, I don't have an IMAP account with enough messages in it right now to test that. At some point I'm sure you will run into memory/storage limitations.

I assume that the version in BB World is similiar since it was approved after the latest version of K-9 Mail was released, which is the version I have here on my tablet that I just verified the IMAP settings on. Bear in mind that this email client will not integrate into the Blackberry Hub etc, but it may be useful if the main priority is to see older messages on an IMAP account.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Where is this Remote Search feature for Exchange Active Sync on the Z10?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
OmniT
My Device: 9650

John_Clark wrote:
Where is this Remote Search feature for Exchange Active Sync on the Z10?

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB15161