Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10

Z10 Issues

Greetings Has Anyone encountered the following

-Inserted a 16GB memory card into a Z10 and  have it register 14.8 GB on the blackberry.  Where did the 1.2GB go?

previous to that I had a 2 GB card installed, which registered at 1.8 GB on the blackberry. 

-Also I've been trying to load music onto my Z10's SD memory slot.  I use blackberry link to do my transfer. 

I can load like 8 albums, anything more then that I get an error saying files not transfered.

-Other issues are messages that ask me of a OS update that I have already have, but the message on blackberry link does not go away.

I've reinstalled blackberry link with not sucess to load more than 8 albums of music

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Z10 Issues

Hi motokipc,

This "missing" space is not a result of the BlackBerry smartphone, but a function of the file system NTFS. Due to the way memory is formatted in NTFS, a 16GB media card or hard drive will appear as 14.8GB.  You can also witness this on a computer.  For example, a 500GB hard drive in a computer will only appear to have 465GB of space available.

I hope that helps!

Thanks!

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!