Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
caribbeansun
My Device: Z10, Playbook

Z10 LCR (least-cost-routing programming)

I understood that like my previous 9900 that the Z10 supported LCR (least-cost-routing programming), if so, either I set something up wrong, diabled it inadvertently or it's not working.

When on a trip to southern US two weeks ago.  Connected and logged into the hotel pay for use wifi network using the phone's browser.  As the phone was new to me I checked the connection strength which was good to excellent, checked under Network Connections to ensure the hotel wifi was listed as connected under "Wi-Fi" as I didn't want any unexpected roaming fees.

Was just notified by Rogers that my e-bill was ready and there was $450+ worth of roaming fees from this one 5 day trip.

While I can't say absolutely that I did everything right, I definitely did the above mentioned check before using the browser, didn't use map app and data via email was minimal so I have to conclude the data was browser activity.

I'd really appreciate some input on this as I do not want a repeat of this rather nasty and expensive experience.  Having used BB's for a VERY long time I've never been hit with roaming fees like this - worst case was a $150 when traveling to Europer and having to use Google Maps while exploring a city or two.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10

Re: Z10 LCR (least-cost-routing programming)

I'd call and escalate to Rogers support and see if they can figure it out and give you a credit if the phone was an issue. Also, I always keep my phones set to: data "off when roaming", unless I know I need it, then I turn it on. This allows me to make sure that I am not roaming data. :smileyhappy:
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
caribbeansun
My Device: Z10, Playbook

I did escalate with Rogers.

I leave roaming on while traveling for work emails.

I do not use data for browsing or maps though and have never had an issue in the past so while it may be user error I have a healthly does of skepticism on that part.  Had I not double checked everything the first time then I'd be more prone to accept the error was mine...

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10

You can easily turn data on and off while roaming, certainly easier than paying a $500 roaming bill. :smileywink:

What I am suggesting is to turn it off whole roaming when you want to make sure you are on WiFi until this bug is resolved. :smileywink: certainly it needs to be fixed, but until it is "Practice safe Roaming" and use "Off while Roaming" as your condom :smileyvery-happy:

Turn it on when you aren't on WiFi and you feel you need to pay for roaming. :smileyhappy:
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.