03-10-2013 04:33 PM
I understood that like my previous 9900 that the Z10 supported LCR (least-cost-routing programming), if so, either I set something up wrong, diabled it inadvertently or it's not working.
When on a trip to southern US two weeks ago. Connected and logged into the hotel pay for use wifi network using the phone's browser. As the phone was new to me I checked the connection strength which was good to excellent, checked under Network Connections to ensure the hotel wifi was listed as connected under "Wi-Fi" as I didn't want any unexpected roaming fees.
Was just notified by Rogers that my e-bill was ready and there was $450+ worth of roaming fees from this one 5 day trip.
While I can't say absolutely that I did everything right, I definitely did the above mentioned check before using the browser, didn't use map app and data via email was minimal so I have to conclude the data was browser activity.
I'd really appreciate some input on this as I do not want a repeat of this rather nasty and expensive experience. Having used BB's for a VERY long time I've never been hit with roaming fees like this - worst case was a $150 when traveling to Europer and having to use Google Maps while exploring a city or two.
03-10-2013 04:57 PM
03-11-2013 06:19 PM
I did escalate with Rogers.
I leave roaming on while traveling for work emails.
I do not use data for browsing or maps though and have never had an issue in the past so while it may be user error I have a healthly does of skepticism on that part. Had I not double checked everything the first time then I'd be more prone to accept the error was mine...
03-11-2013 10:58 PM