Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
alfaracer
My Device: Z10/Playbook

Z10 LED flashes 5 times but won't turn on

I'm having a problem with my Z10, I switched it off this morning and went to switch it back on again but nothing is happening. The LED flashes 5 times in a sequence, 1...2, 3, 4...5 if that makes sense, but nothing seems to work. I've taken the battery out a few times, tried a reset (which puts the LED on solid, but then goes back to flashing), my laptop/BB Link won't recognise the phone as connected so I can't reload it, tried charging it... all seem to have no effect.

So, any ideas what's wrong? I'm hoping it's not terminal as this is already my 2nd Z10, the first one stopped loading up one day and had to be returned. Thanks for any help/suggestions, Matt.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,978
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Z10 LED flashes 5 times but won't turn on

Try this, with Link off, connect your Z10 to the PC and on the PC, navigate to the URL www.blackberry.com/upgrades

click on the UPGRADES or UPDATES button, and at that moment, remove and replace the battery on the Z10, to see if the device is recognized by the PC and the update process.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
snacker220
My Device: Z10

As of this afternoon, I'm experiencing the exact same problem... light blinking 5 times (in that same order) and that's it. 

Tried this step, and yes, the computer does recognize that the device is attached... but is unable to identify the software version or update anything beyond that. 

hellllpppp!!!

thanks.

New Contributor
kholyo
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

I'm having the same issues- will not connect to my computer properly (connects with windows/disconnects 3 seconds later), will not hold a charge and won't turn on
New Contributor
alfaracer

Thanks for the help/suggestion, unfortunately I couldn't get it to work either. Seems strange that a couple of people have the same problem on the same day, makes me wonder if it's a software/update thing? Mine won't hold a charge either, when unplugged it does around an hour of LED flashing and then stops. Any other ideas? Cheers, Matt

Contributor
AnitaDas
My Device: Dev Alpha B

Try removing the battery and witch it on after connecting it to PC. If it is on, then the problem is with battery.
New Contributor
alfaracer

Hi, thanks for the suggestion, I tried that but it wouldn't work either. I've had another new phone now, but I got the impression the fault was with the battery. The phone was warm most of the time, even when not in use, and a full charge would last 5-6 hours some days with minimal use. Other days it was fine, I think it had a personality issue :Whistling:

New Contributor
WirelessGadget

I'm having the same problem too this morning I could not access my contacts, pressed the power button to select reboot and now have the 5 flashing LEDs in same pattern. I see similar posts on the CrackBerry site too. Can BlackBerry help or is this a device swap with a refurb from my carrier? I run stock OS from BB, no leaked versions.
Forums Advisor II
scrannel
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247

Hey wireless gadget, saw your post on Crackberry.  Same question, and question to everyone having this issue: what OS are you currently running?

Thanks

New Contributor
WirelessGadget

I wish I can tell you and include but the device is dead. What ever was the last stable and official os release in July / August.