Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
WirelessGadget
My Device: Z10

Re: Z10 LED flashes 5 times but won't turn on

I think it might be 10.0.10.672
Forums Advisor II
scrannel
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247

[ Edited ]

Of course it would be easier to sort if everyone had the same OS. But yours was reported to be excellent, if that's what you're running. Honestly, if I were in your shoes, I'd take it back for service. But there are smarter people here that I, and perhaps they have a better solution.

New Contributor
WirelessGadget

Thanks for looking into this for me. I'll check out the CrackBerry forums and see if the have a 101 how to for the Z10 OS reinstall from bricked device.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,985
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

WirelessGadget wrote:
Thanks for looking into this for me. I'll check out the CrackBerry forums and see if the have a 101 how to for the Z10 OS reinstall from bricked device.

You can get that information here...

and I don't believe Rogers released any SO 10.0 in July. Perhaps it was 10.1.0.xxx

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
WirelessGadget

Yes I think one too many zeros. I'm trying your link and read the steps, Using Chrome browser having difficulty or couldn't find the Check for Updates. I tried IE10 and found it. it did notice my PIN but when I enter my password it continued to "checking for BlackBerry Device Software updates"... and I'm waiting and waiting... Any other optons?

JSanders

Any update on this?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
WirelessGadget

The website can't recognize my Z10. 8...(

Is there any way to extract the contents inside Remember? I keep a ton of stuff in there. I'll have to contact Rogers for a replacement device, was hoping this option could help with the issue .. LED flashing 5 times. Thanks again JSanders.
JSanders

Can you try connected to a different PC?

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
kholyo
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Hey folks, just an update on my issue. I brought it into Virgin after checking forums and consulting blackberry- they said it was almost definitely a hardware issue. It's been in repair for two months now, so I'm guessing it wasn't an easy fix...

New Contributor
cantech
My Device: Blackberry Z10

[ Edited ]

My wife's phone just did this exact thing yesterday.  She did nothing but leave it on her desk for a few hours.  It's a well-cared for phone (updated regularly) and has been working fine since March.  When she came back, she tried to swipe up to check her messages but it just had a black screen and no response.  Tapping the top button did nothing, but a hard press just lit up the red light.  It won't turn on no matter what we try.

Unfortunately she has about 1400 photos of the past 8 months on this phone, of my son's 5th birthday, our anniversary, her birthday and many more special occasions that would be painful to lose completely.

Is there any way to restart the phone or recover her data?  This seems to me like this is either a serious software bug or the Z10 is a real lemon of a phone.

Options we have tried:

1) Charging overnight

2) Replacing battery

3) Pressing and holding power button

4) Pressing and holding power button and up volume / power button and down volume

5) Connecting to PC and holding power button after going to blackberry.com/update with Internet Explorer as recommended by Geeksquad - no phone detected

6) Connecting to different PC - no phone detected