Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Z10 LED flashes 5 times but won't turn on

Photos and videos are gone if they we're not stored on memory card. spoke to IT support team and confirmed hardware failure, fatal hardware failure. It is not possible to recover from this state.
Sorry for the bad news, pick up a SD memory card and back up your device regularly. BlackBerry does not see this as an issue. I DO.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10,torch 9860, curve 8520, 8700c
My Carrier: Idea

Hi Cantech,

Did you tried connecting your Z10 to PC using BB link by removing battery, SD card(if you have inside mobile) and sim card?

Proudful & loyal Blackberry supporter ..

throwing mud at others makes you happy now but in future you might end up in sinking in mud lake.. wake up b4 it happens. Be secure
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Video and photos are not stored on SIM Card, had tried what you had suggested (Connect to BB link and no battery) but BB link does not detect the device connected. Agreed, if photos and vids are stored on SD card then it is still accessible.
Trusted Contributor

i didn't said that videos and photos get stored on SIM card. I said to test whether @cantech device is working or not. If works, he will be able to pull out data

throwing mud at others makes you happy now but in future you might end up in sinking in mud lake.. wake up b4 it happens. Be secure
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Fido

kruz_k wrote:
Hi Cantech,

Did you tried connecting your Z10 to PC using BB link by removing battery, SD card(if you have inside mobile) and sim card?

Hello,

Yes, we tried connecting with battery and SIM removed.  The red light turns on and stays solid for about a minute and then goes out.  PC detects nothing.  We have eliminated the PC as a factor since our other Z10 connects perfectly.

Trusted Contributor

Hi Cantech,

Did you made any back in past week or so? I mean after your son's birthday and all....

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Fido

[ Edited ]

kruz_k wrote:
Hi Cantech,

Did you made any back in past week or so? I mean after your son's birthday and all....

Unfortunately I have not been able to recover anything Smiley Sad  I am going to try a professional data recovery company now.  I may have to pay a lot but I don't want to lose my files.

It's a shame Blackberry will not even address this issue, even though it is commonly posted all over the web and even Geek Squad mentioned it on their website.  Users have no resources to get help with the most important technology in their life.

Trusted Contributor

Hi Cantech,
I am really sorry for what you are facing right now. It even happens with the other phones. So back up is a must and should option to do, atleast a week

Solutions: 6,163
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Cantech, unless I missed it, you still haven't said if you have a backup of this device. Do you?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Solutions: 6,163
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

If you have a backup, you'll have those media files. Then I'll try to help you restore the device.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code