Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: MTN Nigeria

Z10 Loses signal indoors

Hi ,

i have a new Z10 updated to Version 10.0.10.99.

It worked well for about 2 months.

In the last week i have issues with signal indoors. It loses all the signal and move to SOS mode for hours

Restart doesnt work. Going outside do...it slowly regains its signal

I also experience alot of disconnects  in the middle of calls

The network im connected to is MTN Nigeria.

Will appreciate any support.

Thanks

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Z10 Loses signal indoors

Hey TalG,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

I would suggest removing the battery and placing it back in.  If the issue still persists, then I suggest contacting your network service provider and try a new SIM card.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: T-Mobile

That is why the Z10 should have had WiFi or UMA capabilities from the start.  Ther has been a lot of bitching in other blogs about this very thing.

New Contributor
My Carrier: MTN Nigeria

Hi ,

Thank you for your prompt reply

I have done both. Restted thru removing the battery a couple of times and when it didnt work i replaced the SIM.

Didnt help , situation is even worst, no signal at all indoor ( Emergency calls only) and when im out it disconnects alot during calls where the message is that he lost the network. like the 3G interface is restarting.

I have another BB Bold at home and its signal i good with no special issues.

The wireless also works well while i dont have signal.

Will be happy to hear your input.  Do i have a phone problem which requires its replacement ?

Thanks

Tal

My Device: z10
My Carrier: att

I am having the same issue with my z10. It will loose signal and not reconnect. I must turn all connections off then back on for it to regain a connection. I have also tried removing both battery and sim card, but still having same problem. I am doing nothing different with this phone compared to my previous BlackBerry phones and I never had any issues.

My Carrier: Telstra

I too am having the same issue and seems to be getting worse, tonight I have had to set my Network mode to 2g and seems to have fixed the issue for now. I am with Telstra and am running the latest software 10.1.276

A little dissapointing consindering my Vodafone HTC One is having no issue's and is on 3g at home and 4g in Melbourne, This tells me there is a phone software issue as the problem didnt exist before the software upgrade. It also cant be the network as I have set it to 2G, 3G, 4G, so what ever network is available it should use.

I also have a brand new sim so cant be that so any ideas guys when the next Software update is due hopefully fixing the problem.