Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Pumpkin-Patch
My Device: Z10-STL-100-1

Z10 Middle East & Africa Versions STL-100-1

For those of you in these regions still unsure about buying a Z10...dont.

Blackberry and the carriers who support them failed to mention that ALL blackberry's sold outside of the US and Europe are STL-100-1 versions, which among other things, do not have LTE (4G) support, and are visibly and noticeably slower than their US/Europe counterparts. (about 25-35% slower infact, google Z10 STL-100-1 vs STL-100-2 for more information).

I'd just like to say that I'm disgusted with Blackberry having kept this almost entirely under the carpet, particularly in that those who purchased a Z10 in one of these regions paid THE SAME cost as those who purchased the superior versions that are LTE enabled and come with the faster hardware setup. I.e. $800 for something that slows down when browsing basic webpages, or flicking one app to another. Had I not googled "why is my BB z10 slowing down a lot on basic things" and, to my horror, found out why, I would have been none the wiser.

I hope the extra $$ was worth it BB, you've lost a customer for life and hopefully I've helped a few others avoid your overpriced, missold piece of junk. I only hope the Q10 is a dysmal failure and your company finally goes under where it belongs. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
smartbuddy
My Device: Z10 - STL 100-1

Re: Z10 Middle East & Africa Versions STL-100-1

Even I am very very disappointment with the attitude of Blackberry, even though they are in trouble they want to make money by selling a slower phone without LTE at the same price of the other models of Z10. This is outright betraying the loyal customers of the middle east and Africa.

If this is the attitude to the market where you sell most of your phones, your fate will soon be similar to that in the US...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
RizDragon76
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 STL100-1

[ Edited ]

I too for one thought that all Z10s were the same... Since they are priced the same... And no where is it mentioned that BlackBerry would be releasing the Z10 in 4 different models and what are the specs of those models... My question is also the same... Why was I charged the same as other models when mine is not as good as theirs... It is like you charge me for a quad core but give me a quad core... Which is 1Ghz while others you give 2Ghz... Why??? And why weren't we told about this... From now on when ever a new bb is released I will wait till I know for sure that which versions are released (hardware) and which version is available in my region... And if the best is not available in my region I will not buy... you BB are going to loose customers... but I must admit... It's a great way to make cheap money... But you will only make it once... If that way your goal... Bravo... You achieved it... If that wasn't your goal, then you **Bleep** off big time... At least you could have said at the release that you would be releasing 4 versions and this version which is the most pathetic of the lot will be for the most pathetic region (as per your evaluation) of the world...  and the best of the lot will be for the A market... The developed world and the USA... It tells me that you at BlackBerry do not consider all your customers equal, although you charge them equally... What a duality in treatment.

Now please don't give me the **bleep** about services which are not available in these developing countries... Do we see other phone manufacturers striping down their hardware and putting them up for sale in these regions for the same price as the full version... NO... And if these technology are available in these region in the future will Blackberry then recall all the Z10s from these markets and give their customers the A lot in exchange free of cost for the D lot which is now being offered to them???

BlackBerry... Please comment!!!

[Edited content to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use]

Device : BlackBerry Z10
Model : STL100-1
Carrier : STC
Software Release : 10.2.1.2102
OS Version : 10.2.1.2141
Please use plain text.
Contributor
RizDragon76
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 STL100-1

sorry Mods and Admins about missing that word in my post... thank you for correcting it... i appreciate it.

Device : BlackBerry Z10
Model : STL100-1
Carrier : STC
Software Release : 10.2.1.2102
OS Version : 10.2.1.2141
Please use plain text.
Contributor
xs1977
My Device: Z10

Everyday i come to read something postive about Z10 and how loyal BB is to thier customers wherever they are but yet i can find anything in any forum  ,i think i was loyal but I'm giving up on BB ,and there is a lot of people agree with me .and i will spread the word and my dispointment whereever i go and however i can ,i can imagine how dispointed your customers are with your fake promises, you have done it once with playbook and with Z10 again ,i do not trust this logo anymore even if you try to make it up ,we have doubts in your products 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

RizDragon76 wrote:

Do we see other phone manufacturers striping down their hardware and putting them up for sale in these regions for the same price as the full version...

Hello,

I can understand your frustration but every single phone manufacturer does that: Apple, Motorola, Samsung, and even Nokia.

This is also done for other products, like music albums (same album name, but different songs in it) and for cars, food & clothing too.

I am not saying that I like this kind of commercial behaviour, but this is quite common, and was already the case 30 years ago before the globalization of the markets.

I have the same conclusion as you: "Buyer beware".

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
GranReviewsmo
My Device: Z10 STL-100

This really makes no sense, these are the growth markets for BB where they have some potential for market share gains, why would you shortchange them? And still sell the device with the same premium price as in other markets, I guess BB just showed what they think of us. The Z10 has not been an easy transition from the Bold 9900, so many features missing, functionalities removed, now this. I'm going to try iOS or Android to see what's what, no more blind blackberry following. No more early adoption or first day purchase of BB devices for me. I don't see any adverts in my part of the world where it's states that the Z10 has a TI-OMAP processor or doesn't support 4G. I was actually planning to switch to a Q10 but I guess I'll wait a few months to see what Blackberry's selling here.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
xs1977

yes but i pay the same price for less functions ,i would understand if less price for less functions

Please use plain text.
xedus

Thank you very much for this post, because of it I have just dodged a bullet. After many days spent trying to convince my wife to pick Blackberry Z10 after dropping her HTC One,  she agreed.  We went today to Axiom and to my surprise they did not have Z10 in stock, I went to two different stores and they said the same "Z10 was withdrawn by BlackBerry from the Market". I still managed to find one in another Axiom store but I thought I would research about this suspicious "withdrawal" of Z10. 

Now after reading your post, **** BlackBerry, they have just lost a customer

Please use plain text.